Kabbage is setting a new standard in big data & FinTech, & we are looking for aManager, Strategic Partnershipsas we continue our amazing growth trajectory.
Kabbage is a leading FinTech company changing the way small businesses solve cash-flow challenges. Fully automated & deeply connected with its 185,000+ customers, Kabbage provides access to funding in minutes, extends more than $10 million every day to small businesses, & powers borrowing experiences for some of the largest companies in the world. While we've received numerous awards & recognitionsuch as Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures, Inc Magazine's Top Private Companies, Glassdoors Best Places to Work, & Forbes FinTech 50it is our people, our culture, & our leaders that make Kabbage such a great place to work.
At Kabbage, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, & do their best work. Our commitment to diversity & inclusion is reflected in our people, our partners, & our customers. We are fully focused on equality & believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin & all the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
Develop new partnerships to expand Kabbages reach among small businesses & further position Kabbage as a trusted financial partner.
What you'll be doing:
- Onboard new partners from prospect to deal close
- Phases of the partner acquisition cycle include: identifying prospective partners, meeting with partners, structuring mutually aligned incentive-based partnership terms, negotiating contracts, & closing
- Collaborate with Partner Success, Partner Marketing, Sales, Legal, & Partner Ops teams
- Analyze & track key metrics to identify trends & highlight opportunities or tactics to attract new partners.
- Educate prospective partners on Kabbages value proposition for their customers through presentations & demos
- Utilize Salesforce CRM & other sales tools to manage all new partner acquisition activities
- Become a domain expert in your partner verticals to provide valuable feedback to Product, Marketing, & Sales on our partner value propositions & positioning
- Travel 20-30% of time to conferences & for in-person new partner acquisition
Kabbage is looking for a strong strategic partnerships manager to continue growing our partner network. The chief goal of the Business Development Team is to expand Kabbages reach among small businesses in an efficient & innovative way. The Manager, Strategic Partnerships will play an integral part in the execution of new partnerships that ultimately drive new small business customers to Kabbage.
What we're looking for in you:
- Persistence: Follows through on items without being managed. Resourceful, has grit, possesses "can do" attitude. Proactive approach with the comfort to constantly push the limits to execute on a timeline
- Organization & Planning: Plans, organizes, & schedules in an efficient, productive manner; focuses on key priorities; manages time well
- Initiative: Proactively finds ways to get the job done & make improvements
- Empathy: Recognizes & respects the priorities of different individuals/teams so that when trade-offs are necessary, they are well informed & well-communicated.
- Calm under pressure: Ability to navigate & lead the team through high-priority negotiations & other high stress situations; works well under high-pressure timelines.
- Communication: Ability to communicate clearly across multiple channels of communication (verbal, email, PowerPoint).
What you should have:
- 5+ years of experience in new business development, strategic relationships & complex enterprise deals.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Proven ability to meet or exceed goals.
- Experience with 4+ month long sales cycles, identifying decision makers, & in-person selling to senior executives
- Self-starter & the ability to work well independently.
- Ability to negotiate agreements & work with attorneys.
The Kabbage Advantage
At Kabbage, we think our people are awesome, so we created the Kabbage Advantageour way of being awesome right back. We offer competitive benefits including unlimited PTO, equity in the company, & exceptional health coverage options. Our team members enjoy a dynamic work environment with daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, & onsite fitness classes.
While our perks & benefits are generous, the people areactuallywhat make Kabbage great. Kabbagers are curious, creative, & resilient. We are proactive, productive, & problem solvers. And we dont do it alone. At Kabbage, you will find humble individuals who work hard to communicate effectively & work collaboratively.
Kabbage is an equal opportunity employer. At Kabbage we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating & separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.