Moda Operandi is an e-commerce platform transforming the way people discover & shop for designer fashion. Through its innovative mix of commerce & content, Moda allows women to shop for whats new & whats next in designer fashion from the worlds leading emerging designers & luxury brands. Founded in 2010, Moda Operandi's mission is to make it easy for designers to grow their businesses & consumers to realize their personal style. Today, Modas platform carries more than 1,000 brands & designers across fashion, fine jewelry & home, & ships to 125 countries.
Based in New York, the Senior Product Designer is responsible for collaborating with the Product Team to build best in class e-commerce solutions & operational tools. As the lead Product Designer, youll get to improve the current experience, while working on new solutions & features that will define the future of Moda Operandi.
What youll do
- Design product solutions that are simple, delightful & impactful
- Help grow & establish our product design process & team
- Perform product discovery & customer/market research
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, & cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements, & build creative, thoughtful user-centric journeys.
- Communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process by developing wireframes, flow diagrams, mockups, and/or high fidelity prototypes.
- Advocate for the prioritization of design centered changes driven by user research, & present findings & design proposals to executive stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the design team to expand & rethink our ever-evolving design system
Who you are
- 5+ years of professional product design experience with well-rounded expertise in interaction design, visual design, & prototyping is required
- 2+ years experience managing & mentoring product designers is required
- Strong grasp of design patterns & practices for modern web applications & mobile platforms (iOS/Android) is required
- Strong ability to articulate & document your design decisions, & consider feedback from users, product managers, engineers, other designers, & cross functional partners.
- Ability to successfully manage all aspects of a project from start to finish.
- Adept with tools like Figma (preferred) or Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Excellent sense of empathy for end-users & stakeholders
- Passionate about building the future of ecommerce & creating high quality user experiences & systems that scale
Benefits of Joining Moda Operandi:
- Medical, dental & vision coverage
- 401k matching
- Generous PTO policy
- Pet Insurance discounts
- Mental Health support
- Employee discounts