Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Treasury Analyst joins a dedicated team who support a variety of critical responsibilities which ensures global financial settlement & reconciliations between Visa, its Clients & partner Networks are performed Monday-Friday. The primary responsibilities for this position are: perform assigned daily Visa & Debit Processing Services Settlement funds transfer reconciliations, provide prompt investigation, detailed issues analysis & appropriate resolutions and/or escalations. Timeliness & accuracy are imperative.
This position allows daily functions to be mastered as well as the opportunity to periodically perform other functions of the team over time. In addition, this position requires demonstrated significant growth over time to understand the business & the technology used to perform their functions & those of the team. The Analyst will perform business analysis; actively participate in strategic initiatives, lead/support business, & systems enhancement initiatives directly affecting their area of daily responsibilities.
- Primary daily responsibility is to perform timely & error free financial reconciliation assigned functions inclusive of execution, research, analysis, documentation, issues resolution, reporting & appropriate escalation
- Perform data research & analysis to discover trends, uncover issues, support hypothesis, provide management information & make recommendations
- Demonstrate capability to think globally/strategically, turn information into insights, & drive results as well as be comfortable working many issues simultaneously & flexibility & ability to quickly prioritize amongst them
- Be self-motivated, & demonstrate the ability to influence, negotiate & communicate effectively across functional lines to ensure all stakeholders needs are included & met
- Collaborate for continuous development of self & team in understanding intricate technical details of payment systems business, transaction data, routing, reconciliation & settlement funds transfers
- Prepare Microsoft Excel, Word, & Power Point, to manage issues and/or perform analysis, document issues & recommendations. Assist in the preparation of departmental presentations, training materials & procedures
- Identify, recommend & implement solutions to streamline existing operational processes & achieve results of enhanced productivity & increased efficiencies. Provide support for writing business requirements, use cases, user acceptance test scripts for IT applications as well as on occasion perform user acceptance testing
- Perform Settlement Funds Transfer execution functions periodically as directed with accuracy, timeliness & appropriate escalation
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Bachelor's degree or 3-5 years equivalent work experience is required
- Highly dependable & dedicated to team; ensure accuracy & great attention to detail with ability to thrive in a fast paced deadline driven environment with frequently changing priorities
- Ability to perform function from home (high speed internet connectivity) in an emergency & for periodic testing
- Proven ability to work independently, across cultures & time zones while anticipating deliverables needed by collaborating effectively with internal & external peers who may not share the same goals
- Good balance between business understanding & technical aptitude, with ability to connect business ideas to technical solutions & vice versa
- Good comprehension of control environment requirements, experience with various audits (e.g. internal, external, SOX, SSAE18)
- Excellent written & analytical skills, with a demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge of payment system transaction flows; understanding of operational, liquidity & credit risk, bank account management & general ledger is desirable
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- The Analyst will be required to complete assigned functions periodically at home to ensure business resumption capability.
- In addition, the analyst is required to work two or more US holidays per calendar year on a rotational basis within the team.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.