WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Our Technology team is a collection of over 50 talented engineers, analysts, designers, & product managers who have built BlueApron.com, our mobile (iOS & Android) apps, our proprietary Warehouse Management System, & our demand forecasting system (among many other things). Within Engineering, the Consumer team is ultimately responsible for our web & mobile experiences, as well as our Wine & Marketplace offerings.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Create & implement beautifully responsive & optimized new features to provide more enjoyable experiences for our users.
- Work closely with developers, designers, product managers, & other teams in the company to design the best experiences possible for our internal & external applications.
- Build efficient & reusable front-end systems & abstractions.
- Lead improvements to our front-end developer tooling & infrastructure.
- Find & address performance issues.
- Participate in design & code reviews.
- Identify & communicate front-end best practices.
- Our stack: React, Ember, Backbone, SASS, Webpack, CSS Modules, Redux, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL
- Five or more years experience as a software engineer.
- Experience developing complex, production web applications using application frameworks like React, Ember, Backbone, or Angular.
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues & client-side performance considerations.
- A solid understanding of RESTful API design & have developed clients to interact with a variety of APIs.
- A thirst for learning & a passion for new technologies, processes, & patterns.
- You write tests to improve the quality & reliability of your code.
- Track record of mentoring up-and-coming engineers.
If you dont meet these exact requirements but think youd be a good fit, please apply!