Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were making homeownership simpler, faster & most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what its like to buy & own a home in this country, were building things that dont exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $375 million in home loans per month
- Weve funded more than $4 billion in loans since our inception in 2016
- Were #964 ons 2019 5000 Fastest-Growing Companies
- Weve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, & others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire homebuying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a Processing Expert to join our new team in Costa Mesa, California. This person will be responsible for conducting detailed credit analysis of loan applications & managing the collection of all required loan documentation to obtain final credit approval. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized communicator capable of making sound decisions while maintaining composure in a fast-paced environment.
Beyond producing high quality loans, our goal is to build a product that will ultimately reduce the cost of homeownership in America. With offices in New York, San Francisco & Gurgaon, we are quickly expanding in order deliver a delightful borrower experience through a combination of technology & people. Our new office in Costa Mesa, California is a key part of this strategy.
In joining our Costa Mesa team, you will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing team & you will play a critical role in delivering on the Better mission.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform thorough analysis of applicant's income & expense data, self-employment documentation, credit reports, & property valuations in order to affirm borrower qualifies for loan
- Verify & analyze all necessary financial information & documentation; ensure that loan files contain all necessary credit & legal documents to satisfy underwriting conditions
- Calculate qualifying ratios, determine creditworthiness
- Proactively manage a pipeline in a timely, accurately, & efficiently manner.
- Request & manage organization of borrower loan documentation
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams in Operations (title, valuations, underwriting, closing) to close loans
- 2-4+ years of experience processing (or underwriting) FNMA, FHLMC, FHA & Jumbo mortgages
- Knowledge of agency conventional underwriting product guidelines
- Familiarity with Desktop Underwriter (DU)
- Strong communication, organization, & time management skills
- Ability to troubleshoot & solve problems independently
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.