Were VaynerMedia! We are a contemporary global creative & media agency built for the now. Born in social, our work is now full service, simply loving big ideas that connect & create real change for our clients business. We are independently owned, founded in 2009 with offices in London, Amsterdam, New York, Los Angeles, Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur & Mexico City. We are recognized for our work in Cannes Lions, the Clios, D&AD & The Webbies to name a few.
Culture is our key & Empathy is how we build it. VaynerMedia EMEA is strong with a world-class combination of diverse backgrounds collaborating to put forward innovative, creative & strategic solutions to the one advantage that stands the test of time PEOPLE. Day in & day out, we propel some of the biggest brands in the world to the intersection of attention & culture. In EMEA, we are proudly 250+, servicing multi-brands across the region.
VaynerMedia Amsterdam is searching for a motivated, & highly organised person to join the Financial Operations team as a Senior Finance Business Partner. You will be an integral member of the wider finance department, with reporting lines into the VP Regional Finance Director & independently managing all things client finance in Amsterdam.
Heres where you come in
- Provide full commercial support & financial modelling across your designated portfolio of clients, working closely with the Client Partnership, Media, Strategy, Creative & Project Management teams.
- Establishing working relationships with stakeholders, particularly the Client Partnership Director, & build a rapport to become a trusted advisor to your portfolio account & project leads.
- Prepare & scope statements of work alongside project managers & provide detailed analysis on our commercial & operational performance for each campaign.
- Work with the Regional Finance Director to develop new pricing models & commercial strategies to supplement the agencys top & bottom line growth.
- Ownership over WIP, accrued income & deferred income across the portfolio, managing its impact on the businesss liquidity & working capital.
- Partner with client & project teams to accurately forecast our client revenue streams to ensure that revenue is recognised in line with IFRS 15 & relevant, scoped deliverables.
- Monthly our companys reporting cycles on portfolio & client level commercials such as utilization & profitability.
- Demonstrate & articulate accounting & financial technical knowledge at various levels to apply to our everyday business.
- Demonstrate & articulate systems & process knowledge at various levels as well as understand the bigger picture of how entities, dept, systems etc. fit together.
- Focus on understanding & meeting expectations, ensuring quality is achieved & maintaining organization & prioritization across all tasks.
- Identify issues in order to propose solutions to resolve & impact the business (or team) in a positive manner.
- Collaborate, partner & build relationships across the organization & networks.
- Manage, develop & coach people (self, peers & upward).
- Contribute to overall business knowledge with a focus on the industries & strategies that shape Vaynermedia & how we can support those initiatives.
We treasure Personality & Experience yet we do know that these qualifications lead to what WE KNOW as a success:
- Solid 5+ years experience in a commercial finance role at another creative or media agency, or other professional services business.
- Adept & comfortable working through frequent change in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Translates strategy to an actionable plan.
- Coaching & mentoring junior members of the team.
- Expert in building strong working relationships with key stakeholders
- Love presenting & discussing financial information with non-financial members of staff.
- Geeks critical thinking & a self starter can-do attitude.
- Expert with numbers & commercial information & a strong attention to detail. Strong MS Excel skills; pivot tables, vlookups, managing data sets, etc.
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau & Power BI preferred is a plus.
- A business wiz that fluently sparks clients & team through a fashionable business English language.
- Genuine belief in bringing your full self to what you do everyday, see work as a calling & a passion.
What you SHOULD KNOW about VaynerMedia
Think lab & not agency. We get excited about solving business problems, not creating advertising for the sake of making advertising. Our entrepreneurship DNA runs deep. Were willing to break rules, try new things, & test hypotheses if it means better understanding our craft. Its fun!
We believe 100% that brands can be built on digital platforms & part of our model is built bottom up, flipping the traditional advertising model & process on its head. We dont play to agency/industry norms & our culture & energy reflects that.
Our environment (and pace) feels much more like a start-up than most agencies you might be used to. Hopefully that, & the opportunity to collaborate with the talented & enthusiastic crew, work with big brands excites you, as it does us. We cant wait to meet you.
VaynerMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that VaynerMedia provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members & job applicants without regard to gender, pregnancy, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief, part time or fixed term employment, age or any other legally protected class.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the Netherlands.