Who we are & what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, & survey feedback. Our platform empowers more than 20 million active users to analyze & act on feedback from employees, customers, website & app users, & market research respondents. SurveyMonkey's products, enterprise solutions, & integrations enable more than 345,000 organizations to deliver better customer experiences, increase employee retention , & unlock growth & innovation. Ultimately, SurveyMonkey's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices.
More about our Strategic Partnerships Team
As a Research Director for Financial Services, you will be a part of the Strategic Partnerships team -- a research & alliances group that works across the company to create value for customers. We deliver data that showcase SurveyMonkey's unique capabilities & great benefits as a technology partner. We've launched technology partner programs to spur digital transformation, helped secure major strategic investments & new revenue, & our work is routinely featured in the media. Our broad remit covers technology, media, data, & innovation partnerships. While we're not in sales, product, engineering, marketing, or finance, we help lead teams & work directly with our C-suite to drive impact on our most important strategic plans. You will report to the Chief Research Officer.
What we're looking for
You have a sense for what's moving markets today, & are excited to identify the trends that will define our collective lives in the years ahead. You are motivated to gauge, probe, & explain public attitudes & behaviors across multiple sectors. You have experience synthesizing complex information & are gifted at communicating in writing & "on air," whether on TV, on the radio, or other platforms. We're looking for an entrepreneurial self-starter with exceptional organization, planning, & execution capabilities. You also have a proven ability to build productive cross-functional relationships & work with senior management & external parties. A background in research & financial services is helpful.
- Set & execute a diverse research program on consumer trends, with a focus financial services
- Emulate a top-tier investment analyst covering the big trends driving the future performance of top companies
- Evaluate potential research & data partnerships for both feasibility & impact on business outcomes
- Identify & prioritize potential partners & represent SurveyMonkey externally in those discussions
- Represent SurveyMonkey data publicly in the media & at conferences
- Establish success KPIs, report on key partner metrics regularly, & help launch new initiatives to scale partnership outcomes
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in economics, management, finance, or other business related fields
- 8+ years of work experience
- Experience in media & communications
- Success at managing cross-functional projects
- Data modeling, critical thinking, & presentation skills
- MBA & 2+ years in top-tier management consulting, investment banking, or private equity strongly preferred
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By advocating inclusion into our processes, policies, & culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, & APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards & received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental & bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, & Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work & FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 & 2019, & we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 & the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, & inclusion efforts here.