Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The Content Marketing Manager (B2B) is an integral member of the Enterprise Marketing Team. We are looking for a masterful storyteller who can partner with stakeholders to build out a content strategy, write compelling copy for a B2B audience, & drive forward our overall content roadmap.
Your goal will be to position GA as a thought leader in talent transformation to a VP+ level audience across global Fortune 500 companies. Content plays a critical role in the enterprise customer journey from attracting new leads & prospects for the sales team, to engaging existing customers to form a closer connection with our brand & products. Content contributes to three important pillars of our overall B2B marketing strategy building brand credibility, educating our best-fit customers, & creating buzz around our products.
On a day to day basis, you will be researching trends in technology, business, & the future of work, to distill insights that will inform our content strategy. This role is highly cross-functional. You will work with teams like Product Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, & talk directly to clients & subject matter experts, to ensure the voice of the customer is represented in all you create. You will work with writers on the Creative Team to develop on-brand narratives in a consistent tone of voice.
- Develop & execute on a B2B content roadmap, & build out GAs content strategy in partnership with marketing & business stakeholders.
- Write compelling, insights-led, & well-researched white papers & blog posts that position GA as a thought leader in our industry.
- Draft promo copy for event & campaign landing pages, email drips, & social posts.
- Collaborate with our customer success team & interview clients to develop case studies.
- Scale content creation by crafting clear briefs for in-house & freelance copywriters.
- Collaborate with GAs Creative Team to bring content to life, & to align on tone of voice & style guidelines.
- Ensure content strategy supports overall Enterprise growth goals by working cross-functionally with teams like product marketing, sales, & delivery.
- Strengthen digital content to improve SEO performance & user experience.
- Foster a culture of innovation & creativity, approaching new challenges with a growth mindset.
- 5+ years of overall copywriting or content marketing experience.
- 2+ years of copywriting for a senior B2B audience.
- 2+ years of content strategy experience.
- Experience hiring & managing freelance writers.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude & willingness to roll-up your sleeves to get things done.
- Passionate about driving thought leadership through content.
- Strong understanding of digital customer behavior & how to leverage content to drive awareness & action.
- B2B experience in corporate learning or edtech a plus.
- Communicates Effectively
- Exceptional Writing Skills
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Drives Results