Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
The Media Trading Manager will play a significant role in Visa Media Team, establishing as trusted advisor on all trading matters, working closely with the media agency & procurement to ensure our trading delivery remains in step with & relevant to the business objectives. Working in partnership with the local markets, Visa HQ, our agencies & client partners, this position will be responsible for developing & overseeing the trading agreement for digital & offline.
Key Work Outputs & Accountabilities:
- Provide investment expertise to local markets to support with the creation & roll out of intelligent investment strategies
- Keep all stakeholders informed on market & media developments & represent local trading dynamics in a diverse range of EU markets
- Define KPIs & implement reporting methods to gauge success, providing key data & analysis of media campaigns to clients as well as internal account
- Build solid media buying reporting across EU (Offline & Digital)
- Strong understanding of how key media channels are measured (e.g. GRPs, impacts, impressions), traded & how they can be analyzed on a cost basis.
- Identify & maximize media partnership (JBP) making sure Visa has competitive rates
- Responsibility for tracking in all paid media channels in terms of cost & quality, across a range of local markets in EU
- Work with local market trading teams to ensure that they fully understand commitment structures & are equipped to optimize delivery against these
- Working with local teams to monitor delivery vs. set targets (KPD's)
- Training & development of the markets to drive greater BIC processes work & consistency
- Inflation & spend tracking: Monitoring trends across all markets, keeping abreast of key market changes & working with local teams to understand any resultant planning/trading implications
- Maintain close working relationship with auditors to ensure fair & accurate assessment of buying performance.
- Involvement client marketing media pitches
- Establish best practices for markets across the European region including; negotiation, tracking, reporting, analysis, forecasting & optimization to ensure delivery against KPD's.
- The successful candidate will have extensive experience in media buying, international media buying or media auditing with a good knowledge of both digital & offline buying
- Solid understanding of media performance evaluation techniques
- Significant knowledge of media buying across all media channels (Offline&Digital)
- Experience of fast-moving & complex organisations - Able to take responsibility & initiative for actions, projects & people - Able to lead & influence
- Experience in the media agency environment with working knowledge of planning / buying principles & trading mechanics
- Keen eye for detail & desire to tell a compelling story through the numbers
- Fluent in English, another language is a bonus
- International experience is desirable
- Strong presentation, written & oral communication skills.
- Personal gravitas, excellent relationship building skills, influencing & the ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders at all levels, both internally & externally.
- Strong organisational skills, with proven ability to meet deadlines, juggle multiple projects & work independently in a fast-paced environment
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.