Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, & team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, & New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, & it starts right here at Gusto. Thats why were committed to building a collaborative & inclusive workplace, both physically & virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
About the Team
Gustos HR products & app marketplace transform the way small businesses do HR & help them create great places to work for their employees. Extending Gustos product capabilities through integrations enables our 100K+ small business customers to solve millions of use cases.
About the Role
Gusto is looking for an entrepreneurial problem solver to lead our Payroll Product Management team across our San Francisco, Denver & New York offices. Payroll is Gustos core product, used by every single one of our 100k+ customers & responsible for the bulk of our revenue. We are off to a great start with over 1% of the US market, but there is still so much room to improve as we continue to build the best payroll service possible for every small & medium sized business.
As part of Gustos PM leadership team, youll develop & execute the payroll product roadmap with a nimble & talented team of PMs. You will have the freedom to run with a product idea & see it through to the end. Youll build a team, a business & set of products that our customers will love & will set the bar for the industry.
If you are a customer-focused builder who thrives on making major business impact at a high-growth company, we would love to hear from you!
Heres what youll do day-to-day:
- Lead Gustos payroll product team: Recruit, hire, & empower a team of PMs
- Develop the payroll product roadmap for a cross-functional team of PMs, engineers, designers, operators & marketers
- Identify market opportunities, build business cases, & define product vision & strategy
- Articulate & design customer experiences that make our users smile
- Understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, & then prototype, iterate, & launch frequently
- Be an owner of features & products, end to end
Heres what we're looking for:
- 6+ years of hands-on product management experience, with management / mentorship experience
- Bring grit, a willingness to roll up your sleeves, & be a hands-on help to your team
- Have a proven track record of building products that users love
- Drive user research to drive product changes
- Be organized & advocate for design methodologies & processes
- Pay great attention to detail. "Pixel perfect isn't an ideal, it is a requirement"
- Be entrepreneurial, driven, passionate about our mission, & have deep empathy for our customers
- Bonus points if you have SaaS experience serving SMBs
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.