theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 75 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm is looking for a Marketing Associate to join our marketing team to help create & execute marketing campaigns to support our membership business. You will work closely with our brand, design, editorial & product teams to support a variety of marketing initiatives - from new product launches to customer engagement campaigns. The role requires the ability to work cross-functionally & a good understanding of core marketing functions, including copywriting, content marketing, retention marketing & brand marketing.
You will be joining theSkimms marketing team - which sits at the intersection of our product, our brand, & our customers. We are a diverse group of fast-moving, hard working, data-driven, creative thinkers who thrive on launching & growing products our members will love. You will be a core member of our team, & your work will be critical to scaling our marketing & business initiatives this year.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Working with the marketing team to execute go-to-market plans for new product launches, consumer marketing campaigns, & activations
- Working cross-platform to ensure that our messaging & brand voice is aligned in all paid marketing, product marketing, digital marketing, & content marketing
- Writing lifecycle, loyalty & retention communications for all of theSkimms products
- Optimizing messaging for acquisition & to maximize ROI
- Helping execute brand marketing initiatives
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 1-2 years of full-time experience in marketing, preferably in content marketing, consumer, or product marketing
- Strong written communication & copywriting skills
- Strong project management skills with experience executing marketing campaigns
- Ability to collaborate & work cross-functionally
- Experience working with product & design teams
- Digital marketing first mindset & understanding of the digital landscape
- Passion for about theSkimm's brand & products
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages alongside annual performance reviews aimed at rewarding & recognizing our diverse talents
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- MassMutual 401(k) program
- One Medical Membership
- Subsidized family planning & fertility benefits through Carrot Fertility
- Up to $400 in annual gym-membership reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine & a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered meals & drinks during our weekly "Sipn Skimm" all-hands meeting & monthly "Skimm'e A Drink!" happy hour
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY