Peloton Mechanical Engineers architect, design, & test hardware systems for Peloton products. This role collaborates closely with our Industrial Design, Product Management, & Operations team to concept, design, & manufacture the future of fitness. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment & has grounded experience in product development & working with contract manufacturers.
- Lead Engineering team of 15+ junior/mid-level engineers through Phase Gate style ProductDevelopment Process
- Direct & approve mechanical design & prototyping work
- Work closely with a global network of suppliers throughout development phases to ensure quality & performance
- Create engineering specifications for fitness products & coordinate development work on mechanical subsystems
- Write & execute test plans at the design & production phases
- Demonstrate proactive collaboration with adjacent development teams to ensure design success, including industrial design, product management, & operations
- Work with the drafting team to ensure appropriate product definition & design controls
- 15+ years electro-mechanical design experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience leading engineering teams through New Product Development
- Experience doing development & production planning work with Contract Manufacturers
- Experience with SolidWorks 3D CAD & SW PDM
- Experience with core manufacturing methods including sheet metal, injection molding, machining & casting
- Expertise with test & measurement tools
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, including interacting with executive management
- Spoken & written English
- Ability to multitask & good time management skills
- Positive attitude & high energy!
- Experience in quality management & quality systems
- Process engineering experience
- Proven project or program management experience
- Management experience of junior & staff team members
- Specific expertise in fitness equipment or consumer electronics
Founded in 2012, Peloton is aglobal interactive fitness platformthat brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, includingFast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50,Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well asTIME's Genius Companies. Visitwww.onepeloton.com/careersto learn more about joining our team.