At 1stdibs, we sell the most beautiful things on earth & are looking for an SEO Editorial Manager to help position 1stdibs front & center when customers search Google & other search engines in pursuit of these things. This means well be focusing on great editorial & were looking the right person to take ownership of editorial components on the site to increase discoverability on 1stdibs!
In this exciting role, youll be responsible for project managing & commissioning content for SEO discoverability. So we need someone with an excellent editorial eye to ensure that the content reflects the high level of quality of the content on the site & is excellent at working with teams to amplify that content. This person will take ownership of projects & report the effectiveness of editorially driven campaigns. You will learn from & gain exposure to teams throughout the company & have accountability & ownership of the traffic & revenue gains you are able to produce.
What youll do
- Create & improve editorial content that enriches pages throughout 1stdibs.com with goal of growing sales
- Assist in implementing the 1stdibs SEO strategy, working closely with editorial, product management, social & PR teams
- Report on & analyze 1stdibs organic traffic gained through editorial campaigns
- Commission freelance content that is specific to furniture, jewelry & fashion.
- Conduct competitive research to understand other sites performance & what 1stdibs can learn from them
- Assist in developing, & execute, a link-earning strategy, as well as content marketing initiatives
- Closely monitor industry news in order to provide the best content to the user
- Edit publications that will create evergreen content, intent to bring in new & returning customers to learn more about the 1stdibs products
What you'll bring:
- Editorial background with experience copy-editing, writing, & commissioning work from writers
- You love your content & have high expectations for how youd like to present it
- Youve taken projects from idea to production & succeeded in establishing & hitting your goals
- Youre thoughtful & detail-oriented, with an ability to multi-task as well as communicate to a variety of internal & external teams
- Process-oriented, with the ability to plan & execute projects cross-functionally
- Great oral & written communication
- Experience setting & exceeding aggressive work goals wherever you go
- Content management systems such as WordPress
Not a requirement, but a huge plus
- Knowledge of furniture, jewelry, & fashion
- A keen eye to detail & an enthusiasm to take ownership of an area of your site that youll be proud of.
- You have worked on SEO Editorial Campaigns before & want to expand your knowledge about the SEO space.
- You have a basic understanding of CMSs & can adjust to most WYSIWYG
- Knowledge of, or at least a strong interest in design & beautiful things
1stdibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including Amazon, Google, eBay, Mlb.com, PayPal,and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.