THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, & for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity & passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, & put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers lives, cooking & creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
We are seeking a driven & results-oriented Benefits Analyst to join our HR team. This position will assist with the administration of employee benefits including Health Benefits, 401(k), Wellness Program, EAP, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term Disability & other employee benefits.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Administer employee benefits programs including but not limited to medical, dental, vision; life insurance; short & long-term disability, workers compensation, EAP, etc.
- Assist with employee communications/education, update benefits booklets as necessary, assist with conducting benefits orientation.
- Prepares reports required by law to be filed with federal & state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, & other regulatory agencies.
- Handles benefit inquiries & complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution. Maintain contact in person, & by phone or mail, with hospitals, physicians, insurance companies, employees, & beneficiaries to facilitate proper & complete utilization of benefits for all employees.
- Assist with administration of company retirement plans (traditional 401(k) & Roth) including eligibility & ERISA notifications & employee education.
- Assist with LOA requests & continuation of benefits
- Complete ongoing data reconciliation to monitor & audit benefit records, ensuring the integrity of data between systems & carriers.
- Administer employee discount program & answer employee inquiries.
- 3-5 years experience in a Benefits role
- Strong Excel skills required
- Understanding of federal, state, & local regulations & requirements
- Must be a team player & boast, can do attitude, & be able to forge great relationships both within & outside the HR team.
- An ideal candidate will also have a practical, business-oriented approach to problem solving & thrive in fast-paced environment, tempered by an appreciation of complexity & risk.
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.