Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Team:
The Marketing Strategy & Product Marketing team is a core group within RTRs Brand team that guides critical business decisions through research & strategic analysis. The team is responsible for infusing deep customer-centricity into business decisions & the holistic user experience & leading key initiatives to drive growth & retention. Leveraging consumer, competitive, & cultural insights, we define the customer vision & job to be done for our product & marketing experiences. The team works in partnership with leaders across the org & serves as the key point-of-contact in the areas of customer strategy, marketing strategy, & go-to-market strategies. Our mission is to keep the organization navigating toward our North Star in the short & long term.
The team is highly visible throughout the organization & in particular to the senior leadership of RTR who depend heavily on the insights & recommendations from the team to inform important decisions in the ongoing growth of the business.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Marketing Strategy & Planning to evolve & lead the marketing planning process & develop marketing strategies to drive growth. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Head of Marketing Strategy & Product Marketing, this role will provide leadership, strategic direction, & vision for the RTR team focusing on developing high impact organic, full funnel marketing strategies & ensuring effective & efficient marketing efforts.
This is a highly cross functional role that will work directly with stakeholders across brand, creative, revenue, biz ops + strategy, fashion, growth marketing, analytics & product teams. The ideal candidate is excited about driving business growth & reimagining ways of working.
What Youll Do:
- Leverage performance data & customer data & insights to develop & optimize marketing strategies that differentiate RTR & drive growth
- Evangelize customer segmentation study across the organization & integrate into existing & new strategies
- Work with cross functional teams to build & support the execution of short + long term marketing plans leveraging research & insights, marketing technology, & data analytics where possible
- Guide the prioritization of key initiatives across marketing
- Incubate & pilot new strategies which have the greatest potential to change the game for RTR
- Ensure the team is maximizing the impact of all marketing-related initiatives by developing & maintaining playbooks & best practices
- Develop & oversee execution of full funnel marketing strategy for RTRs offerings (subscription, one time rentals, & resale) & across customer segments
- Reimagine & oversee the annual + quarterly strategic marketing planning process for the RTR Brand org & manage the cross-functional connection points, processes & planning cycles between marketing, creative, brand, fashion & product teams
- Set specific marketing goals that align with the overall direction & business goals & own measurement & reporting of ongoing brand performance
- Partner with SHs to evolve tracking & performance measurement by channel that ladders up to the broader revenue strategy
- You are a customer obsessed strategic & creative marketer, with the ability to conceptualize new ideas & new ways of working
- You have a proven track record of delivering growth from multiple digital marketing sources
- You have excellent decision-making skills with the ability to identify, prioritize, & articulate high impact marketing initiatives
- You have strong analytical skills including the ability to conduct research, analyze data, prepare & interpret reports & communicate actionable results, findings & recommendations.
- You are able to develop, execute, & communicate a long-term strategic vision, while also balancing immediate priorities & opportunities with minimal supervision
- You have exceptional interpersonal & communication skills
- You have strong project management skills & experience managing multiple competing priorities
- You are a highly collaborative, team player, strong influencer & relationship builder
- You thrive in a fast-paced organization & enjoy working hard. You take initiative & are energized by challenges. You take pride in the quality of your work
- You have a clear understanding of full funnel marketing & digital marketing KPIs across both paid + organic channels
- You have a balance of creative & analytical thinking
- You have experience leading strategic planning
- You are a strong communicator with a can-do, positive attitude & a strong desire to learn & get things done
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - our corporate employees have the option to work remotely 3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you & if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy & applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.