At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 7 years we've seen this mission spread around the world & beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the expanding online recipe kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly recipe boxes full of exciting recipes & lovingly sourced, fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged, energized home cooks that expands across the globe. We are the dominant world leader in the meal-kit market & have grown to operate in 12 different countries across 3 continents.
If you would like to join an energetic & highly motivated team & work in a dynamic, high-energy, high-growth field where you can really have an impact & make a difference every single day then join us & become part of developing a global fresh food champion.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced, detail oriented & enthusiastic Accountant to join our team! You will be expected to be detail oriented, have strong problem-solving skills, work comfortably under pressure & deliver on tight deadlines.The ideal candidate has excellent organizational & time-management skills, & a willingness to roll up your sleeves & go beyond your typical day-to-day job description in a fast-paced environment.
On a continuous basis, you will:
- Partner with departments across the organization to analyze & continuously drive improvement in our internal controls & financial reporting processes
- Record daily bank deposit & verify all receipts/payments are posted correctly
- Perform weekly cash flow reviews & assist with weekly/monthly reporting to global headquarters
- Participate in special projects/ad-hoc reporting as required
You Will Be Doing
During the month-end, quarter-end & year-end close processes, you will:
- Take ownership of key sections of the financial statements & supporting schedules to ensure completeness & accuracy of income statement accounts
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations, monthly financial statements, & variance analysis
- Prepare & file indirect tax returns including GST/HST
- Assist with the interim & year-end audit requirements as required
- You have a bachelors degree in Finance/Accounting from a top university
- You have 2+ years experience working in full cycle accounting
- You are working towards, or have recently qualified as a CPA
- You have strong knowledge of IFRS, including technical accounting & reporting requirements
- You are proficient in using Excel (Advanced level)
- You have strong interpersonal skills, both written & verbal
- You want to be part of a high-growth company, are interested in food & technology, & are ready to take on significant responsibility
- You are able to multitask, work under pressure, & meet deadlines. You thrive in a fast-paced work environment. You are a proactive problem-solver: You always look for a better, more efficient way to complete your own & the teams tasks.
Why Youll Love This Job
- Were a startup within a startup. Were nimble but we have the institutional knowledge & global resources to make HelloFresh a sure-fire Canadian success.
- Awesome environment at our downtown Toronto office! We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously
- You'll have the chance to put your stamp on a crazy-high-growth company & make a difference in the way Canadians eat, from coast to coast
- Employee discounts on your weekly HelloFresh box!
Could you be our next Accountant? Click apply & be ready to convince us why!