Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Our Support Business Solutions team manages the day to day Customer Team software tools used to provide our customers with an exceptional interaction experience. We partner closely with Support, Engineering, Product, Marketing & many others to ensure there are no interruptions to our teams, enhancement & defect management & implementation of new tools.
As a Support Product Owner, this role is responsible for managing the activities of our Software Tools by creating & maintaining roadmaps, represents the business stakeholders & acts as the voice of the customer on projects, & ensures that the technical team delivers value to the business. Maintains prioritized list of business features and/or functionality in a product backlog, generally in the format of user stories. The keeper of the vision & goals for the software tools, while working with the business stakeholders & customers to understand what is needed.
The ideal candidate will have a customer focus, tenacious problem solving collaborative approach with an interest in contributing to improving the customer experience while pushing others to be innovative.
What you'll do:
- Oversight of software tools roadmaps, backlog prioritization & refinement, user story development & defining acceptance criteria
- Lead product teams through planning to identify sprints scope; identify opportunities to validate product direction through MVPs
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams (Customer, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Legal, etc.), including the participating of stand-ups, planning, showcases & retrospectives
- Understand & prioritize stakeholder needs & translate them into application functionality
- Aligning projects to company objectives, understanding of the business value or return on investment & develops project timelines according to organizational needs
- Diagnose & resolve issues with the product by partnering with internal teams to better understand obstacles & potential solutions
- Proactively identifies project challenges that arise, outlines options for recommended solutions, & escalates as needed
- Establishes communication plan with key stakeholders to inform relevant teams of project status
- Building successful relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels with clear communication, acting as a trusted advisor & understanding their business needs
- Stay up to date on emerging application technologies & best practices
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a Bachelors Degree or 2 -3 years experience as a Product Owner
- You have working experience with delivering a consumer based online or software as a service (SaaS) experiences in a SCRUM / Agile environment
- You have proven experience as a contributor on cross-functional team building alignment around the goal of a feature or product enhancement
- You have the ability to build relationships, be persuasive & influential within & across immediate working groups
- You have the ability to lead & navigate programs involving cross-functional teams
- You have a technical background with software engineering or technical management experience with the ability to operate at strategic & tactical levels
- You have working experience in Agile project management & tools (JIRA, etc.)
- You have experience with complex technical integrations (APIs, web services, etc.)
- You are able to make complex technical information approachable to non-technical team members
- You are able to understand business processes & translate business requirements into application functionality
- You have strong verbal & written communication
- You have high standards of accuracy & precision; extremely organized
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible & remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, & Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The target base salary for this role is $107,000 to $128,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection & assessment process for this role relative to your experience & our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.