What's next in music is first on SoundCloud. As the worlds largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators & listeners who share, discover, & influence whats new, now & next in music & audio. Our Product Design team creates & shapes those experiences that serve hundreds of millions of users. Were now on the lookout for a very experienced Product Designer to join our team.
The Consumer Experience team is responsible for maintaining & growing our consumer-facing products, including our consumer mobile apps & SoundCloud.com, to drive new music discovery, create music listening delight, & develop a vibrant & healthy music listening community.
Youll work in close collaboration with Senior Product & Design Leadership, Product Managers, Engineers, UX-Researchers, marketers, & your Product Design peers to meet the needs of SoundCloud listeners (and our highly interconnected creator community) on mobile, web, & beyond. We expect you to be hands-on with your craft & take ownership of your experiences from the early strategy & concept phases to the final implementation & following iterations.
- Set the design vision & direction for key features & initiatives & define user experiences that drive adoption, retention, & growth with a key focus on user engagement & stickiness
- Raise the visual & interaction design quality & help grow our design practice, processes, & capabilities to support the delivery of best-in-class design solutions.
- Partner with peers in your team to set clear objectives & an execution strategy & get teams working in alignment
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product & executive teams
- Draft & iterate on multiple solution proposals for a problem through storyboards, sketches, wireframes, & prototypes
- Collaborate with Design Leadership, UX research, Product Management, Data Science, Engineering, & Business stakeholders to ensure a smooth product development process
- Represents the Product Design org across all business functions
- Understand & determine the level of fidelity required for our features & ensure were prioritizing our efforts effectively
- Ownership of experiences from the early concept phase to the final implementation
- Communicate & align expectations within your team & senior stakeholders
- A strong online portfolio that demonstrates your process & ability to turn ideas into a convincing & unique creative vision & aesthetic with attention to detail
- You have 8+ years of experience in a Product Design role
- Expert-level knowledge in modern design tools like Figma, Framer, or Sketch.
- A background in designing end-to-end user experiences, interaction design, prototyping, & motion design for digital consumer products at scale & working with cross-functional teams to deliver highly engaging & visually appealing best-in-class experiences
- Strategic product thinking/vision experience & ability to speak the language of business
- Strong analytical, data-driven decision making & problem-solving skills & the competence to balance business growth & customer problems
- Provide the rationale & trade-offs for your solution proposals
- Communication is a big part of your daily work. Youre not only interested in input from users, developers, & everybody else, but youre able to ask questions, give feedback & critique your peers design solutions
- A holistic understanding of design. You are eager to understand the underlying problem & able to work out concepts & ideas that are addressing the real issues
- You are at home in the product discovery domain & have a clear set of tools to apply design discovery methodologies.
- You have a growth mindset & are always eager to learn, & you are at home in an organization that embraces experimentation
- You can deliver larger projects reliably, coordinate with other design team members, & delegate when needed
- You enjoy working on a product from start to end & you wont rest until a solid experience is shipped. At the same time, you are able to align this expectation with an iterative product development process & respective trade-offs
- You are a passionate product designer & a great storyteller
- You are comfortable leading design sprints and/or creative workshops & mentoring others to grow
- We are a multinational company with offices in the US (New York & Los Angeles), Germany (Berlin), & the UK (London)
- We provide a flexible work culture that offers the opportunity to collaborate & connect in person at our offices as well as accommodating work from home
- We are deeply committed to ensuring diversity, equity, & inclusion at all levels of our organization & fostering a community where everyones voice, perspective, & experience are respected & heard
- We believe a strong team is made by investing in employees through mentorship, workshops, & enrichment opportunities
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Mission at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity & open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us lead whats next in music by understanding & empowering our creators & fans, no matter their identity. We acknowledge the challenges in the music industry, & strive to influence an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute respectfully & thrive, especially the historically marginalized communities that many of our creators, fans & SoundClouders identify with.
We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment at SoundCloud for everyone, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, migration background, national origin, age, disability status, or care-giver status.