We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent & human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service & healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, & better healthcare.
Oscars Regulatory Affairs team uses data & technology to ensure that the companys insurance product designs, filings, & member-facing communications meet the expectations set by our regulators across nine states. Partnering with our colleagues in Sales, Broker Support, Marketing, Product/Engineering, Data, & Business Development, we lead the company in simplifying & scaling the operations that drive a world-class Regulatory Affairs experience.
As a Regulatory Affairs Manager, you will be responsible for managing the proprietary products & systems that help Oscar define & distribute innovative insurance products. In this role, you will own the following at Oscar:
- Manage, train, provide feedback & assign duties for direct reports to support their professional growth & ensure productivity, efficiency, & effectiveness in their roles.
- Support management of regulatory submissions team to research, prepare, file & negotiate approval of all commercial (small group & individual) binder & form filings as well as track timely & accurate submission of all business unit regulatory requirements; conduct periodic selective audits of business unit filings.
- Oversee the generation, distribution, & automation of member-facing regulatory communications, including supporting the development of EOCs, SBCs, SOBs, renewal notices, welcome kits, & eligibility letters. These notices are sent to each policyholder on an annual basis & are a key milestone for every member.
- Manage account relationships with state & federal regulators, including Oscars relationship with CMS & state insurance regulatory bodies.
- Technical & operational enablement of Oscars plan portfolio as we expand into new markets & lines of business. You will be the glue that holds together stakeholders from Product, Network, Marketing, & Plan Design to operationalize what we sell & where were selling it.
Who are you?
- 3 to 5 years of relevant business operations, healthcare product, or project management experience, ideally with 2+ year of independently managing projects from ideation to execution.
- Highly proficient in Excel (PivotTables, VBA [macros preferred]) with some modeling experience.
- Experienced working in MySQL, PostgreSQL, or BigQuery.
- Able to identify upstream problems & recommend efficient solutions to multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to operate cross-functionally & chase down answers. You get things done, even if its crunch time
- Project management. You have experience managing complicated projects, keeping track of details, & staging work to deliver projects on time. You pay attention to details.
- A proven leader with a track record of people management & supporting strong teams.
- You have passion for healthcare & a knack for making things more systematic.
Above all else:
- You are friendly, thoughtful, & kind.
- You demonstrate humility, maturity, & a lack of ego.
- You always develop a point of view but keep an open mind.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.