All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEOs garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient & fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country.
Currently, all corporate employees are working remotely from home until it is deemed safe to return to our offices by local & state health officials. We have offices located in New York City (NY) & San Mateo (CA), & three fulfillment centers in New Jersey, Nevada & Texas. Fully remote candidates within the time zones of the United States will be considered for this role.
Were a late stage start-up that places technology & innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform & automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines & our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics & other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C & B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful & seamless shopping experience is at the core of who we are. We value each & every customer & every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant & fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, sales people & operations specialists -- just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time & money, which in turn makes their lives easier. Thats where you come in!
We are looking for talented software engineers to join our back-end catalog services team. The team's primary mission is to build value into the overall e-commerce platform with a focus on enhancing our product offerings & presentation, our search capabilities, various features driven by machine learning & real-time experimentation, & our internal tooling. The team is also responsible for creating & maintaining related integrations with internal & external systems. As part of this team, software engineers are expected to ensure that all services are built to be efficient, reliable, scalable & reusable.
We value any Senior Software Engineer who can think critically & learn quickly. We often leverage open-source tools, & our backend engineers should feel comfortable diving into source code to fix bugs or application metrics to improve performance & reliability. We're a bunch of engineers who enjoy balancing time to market & robustness, & are comfortable making decisions that shape the way software will be built at Boxed for years to come.
- Be a vital part of our backend engineering team, our technology team, & the company as a whole
- Think big & boldly as we collectively drive toward providing the best global e-commerce platform
- Design & implement solutions that provide immediate & long-lasting value to our customers, partners, & employees
- Collaborate with our product teams in domain-driven, cross functional squads using agile methodology
- Improve the performance, reliability, observability, & scalability of our existing systems
- Write clear documentation & automated tests to ensure code stability & to reduce maintenance
- Review your peers' code to both teach & learn while increasing the quality of our software
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Bootcamp equivalent
- Proven results & products from 4+ years of relevant experience
- Experience writing production code in Node.js
- Strong Database skills (e.g. MongoDB, Postgres, MySQL)
- Experience working with git
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills with a healthy experimental attitude
- Ability to learn & adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal & oral communication skills you should be able to communicate your work through documentation, presentations, etc.
- Ability to work with & mentor small teams
- Experience with Typescript, Golang, or Python
- Experience with technologies such as Redis, Memcached, & Elasticsearch
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with GraphQL, microservices, & event-driven architecture
- Experience with CI/CD infrastructure such as Docker, Kubernetes, & Jenkins
- Experience teaching, mentoring, or leading in any capacity
Dont meet all of our requirements? Not a problem. Were always looking for fast learners who may have taken a less-traveled path or whose skills don't quite match those outlined above. Feel free to apply anyway & show us why youre awesome!
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus & technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, Americas Dream Boss for our generous benefits. Our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, weekly company-wide events, & lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crains list of best places to work in NYC. Wed love to meet you, so apply today!