About Managed by Q:
Managed by Q is the platform for office management. We help the worlds leading companies build, design, staff, & manage their workplaces. By connecting office operations teams to dedicated workplace experts & top commercial service providers, Managed by Q enables companies to create inspiring offices & deliver a great workplace experience for their teams.
Managed by Q was founded in 2014 with a vision of changing how we interact with our workspaces. Today, our team helps thousands of companies nationwide operate their offices & create an environment that inspires their teams best work. Empowering others & building diverse & inclusive teams are core to Managed by Qs mission. We are committed to creating good jobs, helping small businesses grow, & enabling companies to focus on what they do best. Managed by Q is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, & Boston. Managed by Q is backed by the worlds leading investors, including Google Ventures, RRE, Homebrew, Greycroft, & Staples. If you have a love of learning, are drawn to hard problems, & want to spread opportunity within your community, wed love to meet you.
The People Operations Manager is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level & works closely with the Sr. Director of Facilities in supporting our Operators in designated geographic regions. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, engagement, communication, benefits administration, & employment law compliance.This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to employees at all levels. The POM must be sensitive to Operator goodwill, along with the business needs.
- Coaches, counsels & guides managers with executing Operator disciplinary actions
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data & makes recommendations to the Operator management team for corrective action & continuous improvement
- Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations & civil rights complaints
- Conducts all investigations related to severe allegations
- Monitors Operator performance evaluations & ensures they are done in a timely manner
- Handles & monitors all FMLA, PFL, etc employee requests from start to finish
- Reports, maintains & monitors all workers' compensation case files for location; follows-up on open cases.
- Handles unemployment claims for location, representing the company at hearings.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state & local employment & benefits laws & regulations.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 2+ years experience in the human resources, with a focus in employee relations.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential preferred.
- Extremely personable & approachable; ability to connect with all levels of the organization
- Strong knowledge of how an hourly workforce operates & experience coaching managers
- Ability to handle multiple requests with an extremely high level of urgency
- Impeccable process skills with ability to establish/meet deadlines & handle multiple priorities
- Expertise in various HR programs including, but not limited to onboarding, compensation & benefits, performance management, leadership development, employee relations, etc.
- Self-starter; well organized, detail-oriented & capable of prioritizing numerous tasks in order to meet strict deadlines; high aptitude for problem solving & decision making
Perks & Benefits
- Exciting opportunity at an ambitious company, that is creating the first operating system for the built world
- Competitive salary & flexible vacation policy
- Generous Stock Options
- No cost premium option for medical & dental insurance
- Casual dress & pet-friendly office
- Cold brew & Kombucha on tap
- Team lunches, happy hours & company outings
- An insanely supportive, hardworking team, building something BIG