Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Senior Manager, Product Specialist to be a key leader of our Elastic SIP Trunking (SIPT) business. This role will be responsible for being a Product Specialist for our Sales & Partner teams, help evangelize our product offering & vision internally & externally, be a key member of the ESIPT strategy council & help grow & scale the business.
Twilio is looking for a leader with the ability to build a successful team, help define ESIPT growth strategy & work cross-functionally to make things happen in a fast-paced environment. We expect you to be able to work & communicate across the organization at all levels. Successful candidates will:
- thrive in a fast moving environment with a heavy dose of ambiguity.
- be hands on, passionate, & collaborative.
- be a smart chameleon with the ability to persuade others & remove roadblocks.
- have a track record of owning business initiatives from identifying a problem, proposing a solution & making it happen
- Be knowledgeable in IP Communications (including SIP, SDP, TCP/IP, private connectivity, BGP, etct), understand the ecosystem with experience with SBC/PBX/UC/CC, knowledge of the distribution channels, & familiarity with both on-prem & cloud based platforms.
- have experience working cross-functionally with sales, sales engineering, operations, & product development teams.
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager, technology leader, consulting strategy for a technology company, ideally working with high availability production systems.
As Senior Manager, Product Specialist, you will:
- Help build & refine the ESIPT strategy including the long range plan & next year execution plan by wearing the customer's shoes & drawing the owl to figure out how we can accelerate growth.
- Be a key partner to the GTM Sales & Partners team to help enable them to close ESIPT opportunities more efficiently
- Understand customer/market needs, distribution channels & competitive landscape for SIP Trunking
- Wear the customer shoes, translate customer/market needs into strategy & work with Product Management to deliver product requirements
- Empower others; build a team over the years to scale this group. Be a mentor, inspire by example & help team members & colleagues grow in their careers.
- Provide guidance & help define the way ESIPT team will do 3rd party certifications
- Write things down & help Twilio be a SIP Trunking thought leader - Produce thought leadership blogs & whitepapers, speak at industry conferences & Twilio events.
- Work with Product, Finance, GTM & Customers to have a deep understanding of the business metrics & performance of such.
Twilio enables applications & devices to make phone calls anywhere to anything. Elastic SIP Trunking plays a crucial role in helping Enterprises & their contact center solutions to migrate from the closet to the cloud in phases, starting with PSTN access connectivity. We are in the middle of an incredible transformation of communications. Both consumers & businesses are changing how they communicate using new methods that are at the same time more delightful & much more powerful. Twilio is at the center of this.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds telecommunications engineers with modern communication to help them migrate to the cloud & benefits from increased agility, lower overall costs all with a uniform global solution. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world & we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.