Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
We are seeking to add a Sr. UX Researcher to our team who is proficient across a wide range of User Experience Research methods & applies them to complex, & high-impact projects that may touch multiple product areas. You operate with a very high degree of autonomy & are comfortable working solo or leading research studies with other researchers. You are a highly-skilled communicator & storyteller, who is able to synthesize findings from a broad range of sources & turn them into insightful, compelling & persuasive stories. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
What you'll do:
- Work collaboratively with Product Analytics & other Insights groups across the organization to provide research that supports the objectives of the product & needs of the Mailchimp small business customer; aligns their research activities to inform decision-making & action
- Represent the voice of the Mailchimp customer among cross-functional partners & stakeholders by highlighting the small business user, their needs, & behaviors
- Advocate for & lead foundational & evaluative research that informs product & experience strategy
- Partner with Product Analysts to develop & evangelize a data-informed view of our customers & their experiences
- Adeptly pull from a wide range of UX Research methods, routinely applying multiple methods to complex problems (including, but not limited to in-depth interviews, contextual interviews, surveys, moderated & unmoderated usability studies, heuristic evaluations, concept testing, diary studies, & competitive analysis)
- Quickly synthesizes findings across both qualitative & quantitative sources, turning them into compelling recommendations & insights that clearly tie to larger strategic product & business goals
- Socializes insights from their work broadly, exploring new & creative ways to effectively communicate learnings
- Create, maintain, & update user experience tools that leverage insights (personas, experience maps, etc.) to be used in product & design discussions
- Plan & facilitate workshops & UX training sessions with cross-functional partners (e.g. design, product management, & engineering)
- Provide input & support to Associates & UX Researchers, as appropriate
- Extensive experience leading research activities, employing a variety of UX research methodologies
- Expertise in survey design, discussion guide writing, interview moderating, & data analysis (qualitative & light quantitative)
- Excellent presentation & storytelling skills & the ability to tailor the message to various audiences (product teams, product managers, fellow researchers, leadership, etc.)
- Strong written & interpersonal communication skills
- Strong cross-team collaboration skills
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to translate research findings into actions & recommendations, while considering company & product goals
- Experience in an Agile software environment
- Experience with mobile products is a plus
- Experience with digital marketing products
- Ability to balance multiple concurrent research projects
- Ability to think at a systems level & connect the dots between individual work streams
- Experience with mentoring others in User Experience Research practice
Mailchimp is a founder-owned andhighly profitable companyheadquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees anexceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), andgenerous profit sharing. We hirehumble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.
We love our hometown & support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historicPonce City Market, right on the AtlantaBeltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.