BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is looking for a Lead Producer to lead the editorial arm of the Affiliate Video team. You will be overseeing a pod of freelance producers creating shopping content for social platforms, focusing on cracking new affiliate video formats, series, & affiliate revenue opportunities. Were looking for a leader with a keen eye for identifying organic product opportunities who can speak authentically to the BuzzFeed audience, though previous affiliate experience is not required. You should be well versed in what makes a video succeed across various social platforms, & how to give teammates guidance & feedback that takes their content to the next level. This role will also include producing content from quick-hit TikToks to longer-form YouTube narratives. There will also be opportunities to pitch in on branded partnerships. This role reports to the Executive Producer of Affiliate Video & is based in New York or Los Angeles.
- Advise team on creative direction, production support, & distribution
- Help build & maintain affiliate editorial strategy & manage the teams monthly content slate & budgets, including projected success, tentpole opportunities, feasibility, & costs
- Lead brainstorms, mentor producers, & give relevant creative notes & final approval on videos with team & other partners
- Partner with internal BuzzFeed talent to produce fresh new shows & one-offs around their skills & interests
- Work closely with the EP of Affiliate to help set & maintain measurable performance & conversion KPIs for each producer that fit into broader team & org goals
- Produce & edit your own shortform content when time permits
- Partner with the market team to write posts in tandem with affiliate videos & share mutual learnings, finding ways to enhance each teams content
- Collect & digest team performance & output data to inspire future ideation & prove out success
- Help create a content flywheel for the commerce & sales team, creating impactful formats & successes that can contribute to new revenue for the business
- Develop low-lift models for creative video production that help create a flexible organization to increase output volume, including livestreaming & blockshooting
- Align affiliate video pod to create an organized production workflow, partnering with production, studio operations, & post production leads
- Liaise with editorial teams to share learnings & advise on internal affiliate video projects, finding ways to increase passive income
- Track & identify trends on social platforms to inspire shareable affiliate content, keeping team & org informed of learnings
- Identify when an area of focus isnt working & pivot
- Experience leading a content team to produce live-action video content for a variety of social platforms
- Experience working with & brainstorming around talent
- Interest and/or background in working with products & review content
- Ability to ideate around livestreams, live-to-tape content, & short form content
- A passion for video metrics & the competitive instinct to ideate on your own success
- You are self-motivated, immensely curious, highly adaptable, & able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Experience or interest in lifestyle content is a plus
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.