Passionate about following emerging tech, & everything from the latest hot cybersecurity startup or enterprise tech IPO to the growth of Amazons web services business to the latest in AI & quantum computing? Smart enough to help a team of analysts predict which emerging trends will flourish & which will fade (using data & not your gut)? Are you a proven leader? Comfortable with change & moving quickly? Are you able to help a team package insights into actionable, visually engaging, & succinct research briefs & reports?
If yes, keep reading. The Technology Group in our Intelligence Unit works with clients across industries, as well as the leading tech companies of our time.
- Manage & develop a team of hungry & smart junior & senior analysts who have created industry-leading research on tech & innovation trends across key categories of interest to Fortune 500 clients. You will supervise the research calendar for the team & assignment queues across public, syndicated, & custom research deliverables.
- Direct data-driven research & reports that combine our proprietary data with outside data sets to identify key trends & analyze the momentum of fintech companies
- Manage & build a team of subject-matter experts & allocate resources so that we are always prepared for the heavy demands on our research
- Help align the teams work with the interests of our clients & prospects. In some instances, you will have to lead client discussions & presentations in order to spotlight market trends in relevant verticals & technology areas.
- Become an expert in how our research & software platform integrate to put the power of our expert insights into the hands of clients & allow them to take our research & customize it further
- Help the team understand & develop forward-looking analyses & insights for top Tech themes including cybersecurity, IoT, automation, AI, & more (as well as help us ID future areas of focus)
- Support PR requests & media interest with data & category knowledge
- You should be passionate & knowledgeable about technology & be able to share & build on background in adjacent disciplines such as VC, corporate strategy, corporate finance, or M&A
- Flexible, team-oriented, & steeped enough in general business knowledge to collaborate effectively with directors & analysts in our Fin Services, Healthcare, or Consumer practices
- Writing experience a requirement can be within the fields of market research, equity research, vertical journalism, or consulting in tech-related area
- Track record of expertise developed within the tech industry or researching the industry
- 10+ years leading a team & a research pipeline as well as proven success coaching analysts on how to make their insights digestible & interesting
- Comfort in private & public markets including public company financial metrics/ratios
- Ability to synthesize data & develop meaningful conclusions & predictive insights
- Strong communication/presentation skills & leadership abilities. You should feel comfortable speaking to clients/prospects as an authority on the business & the category
- Ability to multitask, get hands dirty, & handle the details all while keeping an eye on the big picture
- Strong MS Excel & Powerpoint skills
- BA/BS required; relevant graduate degrees a plus
- Solutions-oriented & ownership mindset required
- 4Hs: happy, helpful, humble & hungry
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Perks & Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental, & vision insurance
- 401k with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
Happy, Helpful, Humble, & Hungry:Check out more about our company culturehere.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submithereand you'll be eligible for $5,000!