The Daily Harvest Supplier Quality Manager will be responsible for managing raw material quality & food safety by partnering with Procurement, R&D & Manufacturing Operations to ensure all materials meet or exceed quality standards & regulatory requirements. The Supplier Quality Manager will focus on the following key areas: (1) Supplier approval; (2) raw material specification development; (3) driving raw material continuous improvement.
We are looking for someone who will bring relevant experience in Quality & Food Safety, possesses strong organizational & technical skills, & thrives in a fast-paced, consumer-centric organization. If you are self-motivated, results-oriented, & have a passion for teamwork, we would love to hear from you. Accountability, integrity, attention to detail, the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, & being able to work independently are required for this position. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate that is interested in working at a groundbreaking direct to consumer business.
- Review supplier documentation to ensure compliance with Daily Harvest requirements.
- Conduct quality & food safety audits to qualify new vendors.
- Assess new raw materials for risk based on the Daily Harvest risk based assessment tool.
- Perform & document hazard assessments on materials.
- Partner with R&D & Procurement to develop new raw material specification.
- Partner with raw material vendors to conduct root cause analysis investigations & corrective action implementation for any raw material non-conformances.
- Ensure that all supplier COAs conform to Daily Harvest requirements.
- Manage the Daily Harvest supplier quality scorecard.
- Implement & strengthen programs & written procedures related to raw material quality.
- Act as the main point of contact with 3rd party laboratories for ingredient testing.
- Stay current on all all FSMA ingredient related regulatory requirements
- Maintain highly effective relationships with the Procurement, Operations, & R&D teams to ensure open, clear communications.
- Other responsibilities/duties as required
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) food science, microbiology, biology, chemistry, nutrition
- or related area.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in raw material quality & food safety.
- Understanding of manufacturing & supply chain key performance indicators.
- Knowledge of FDA & FSMA regulations as they relate to ready-to-eat foods.
- Experience in quality assurance; areas of experience include HACCP, CCP, GMPs, hygienic design/zoning, GFSI
- Ability to read & understand legal documents.
- Must be able to function independently & travel as necessary
- Ability to distill large volumes of disparate information into meaningful conclusions.
- Outstanding leadership, management, supervision, & interpersonal skills, effective at all levels.
- Ability to build & work within strong cross-functional relationships. Heavy interface with R&D, Procurement, & Operations.
- Excellent verbal & written communications & oral presentation skills. Proficient in verbal/written English.
- Proficiency (intermediate to advanced) in computer applications & systems including Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time.
- A dynamic, ambitious & fun work environment
- An accomplished team, looking for new team members
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision benefits
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, & Refinery29, & garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, & Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.