OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series C, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Thrive Capital, & Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman & CEO) & Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine's list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
We have surpassed 2,000+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective & accountable government.
-- MUST BE BASED IN CHICAGO TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE --
About the Professional Services Project Manager role:
OpenGov seeks to expand its early-stage Project Management team with a highly-organized & self-motivated individual with a proven track record of complex problem solving, critical thinking, & successful delivery of implementation/deployment projects of software solutions in a SaaS environment.
To succeed in this role, this candidate will demonstrate exceptional ability to Manage Project scope (quality deliverables & customer experience), time (duration), & costs (effort), Manage Communications effectively with internal & external stakeholders, Manage the Solution Development: Deliver successful solution deployments in close partnership with cross-functional teams, while Manage Customer Expectations: Maintaining a seamless customer experience & overall satisfaction from the process & the results.
As an OpenGov Project Manager, you'll enjoy challenging & innovative projects & thrive in a fast-paced environment where accountability is paramount. A successful candidate will bring experience in project management fundamentals, proven leadership capabilities, excellent written & verbal communication skills, strong people management (direct & indirect reports), passion to the success of the customer, & a desire to bring innovative technology to the government sector.
- Set scope, timeline, & deliverables to ensure a successful deployment for multiple customers
- Ability to organize a portfolio of 8-10 projects for tracking & delivery
- Be primary point of contact for project implementation activity
- Establish project command & control of project delivery both internally & externally
- Partner with cross-functional teams to gather key documentation & required resources in order to set appropriate expectations with internal & external stakeholders
- Participate in the sales process as needed to develop
- Prospect specific implementation approaches, scope, & plans
- Support Statement of Work creation on as needed basis
- Identify early signs of project & customer risk & devise appropriate risk response strategy
- Occasionally travel to customer sites to conduct training & solidify customer relationships
- Assistance in enhancing our methodology of project delivery of our growing set of solutions
- Minimum of 3 years of project management or related experience in a SaaS environment
- Strong aptitude to technology tools & solutions
- Extra strong analytical thinking, strong system perspective & diligent process analysis skills
- Strong initiative, innovative thinking skills, & ability to analyze details & translate into big picture view
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing product & respond strategically to customer needs
- Technical aptitude & proficiency with Professional Services & CRM tools
- Experience with government budgeting concepts & practices and/or finance/budgeting solutions is a strong plus