Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Senior Director to join our Business Development team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform & a relentless focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselvesone that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role:
This role drives business development & solutions efforts for key segments of +Oscar, Oscar's tech-driven platform business, by leading discussions with prospective clients, shaping the partnership structure, developing solution offering & business terms for deals & supporting commercialization of the +Oscar platform.
You will report to the VP, Business Development. This is a hybrid role, & you will work part of the time in the New York office & part of the time working remotely.
- Lead business development & solutioning for key client segments for the +Oscar platform
- Develop & drive the account strategy for prospective partners for key client segments
- Drive pitch strategy & engage prospective clients in new business opportunities in partnerships & Sales lead and, for select opportunities, Oscar executives.
- Own day-to-day management of relationships with potential partners; develop understanding of their business goals to form a perspective on how +Oscar can meet their needs
- Lead development of solutions for potential partners based on the prospect's need & +Oscar's offerings; partner closely with internal Subject Matter Experts & externally with partners
- Lead negotiations for active deals; partner with Legal to develop term sheets & contract language for executed deals & with Finance on deal pricing
- Communicate insights from external discussions to Oscar's Executive Team to inform overall +Oscar solution commercialization
- Support development & growth of direct reports, ensuring that colleagues are supported in professional development
- A bachelor's degree or commensurate experience
- 10+ years of relevant work experience with 4+ years of experience in healthcare
- 5+ years of experience managing direct reports
- Proven track record of success in business development, strategic partnerships and/or developing business solutions in a client/external-facing role
- Experience working for healthcare technology or SaaS company
- Experience working with payers or providers
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.