About Chefs Plate
Chefs Plate is the first meal kit company to establish its footprint in Canada. At Chefs Plate, we are passionate about redefining how Canadians eat & we provide delicious food direct to our customers online. Since launching in late 2014, we have been experiencing hyper-growth & we are looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to build the top tier online food brand in Canada. We built Chefs Plate with one simple belief: eat better, live better.
In October 2018, HelloFresh saw something special in Chefs Plate & brought it into the HelloFresh family. Chefs Plate is now part of one of the fastest growing start-ups in Canada, & part of the worlds largest meal kit family as we tirelessly work to disrupt the food industry.
We remain focused on delivering delicious meals, designed for busy people, & continue our mission to create human connections through food.
Do you love contributing to extraordinary graphic design solutions? As a Jr. Graphic Designer at Chefs Plate, you will be a key part of our Marketing team & contribute across all departments & channels. You will work with a team of Performance Marketing Experts to align on the Chefs Plate brand & help us to put our best (visual) foot forward for all Canadians to see!
In this role, you will:
- You have a Diploma or Degree in Graphic Design.
- 12 years of print & digital design experience.
- Strong graphic design skills (with a portfolio to match, emphasis on page layout & typography).
- You have excellent design production skills with the ability to pick up existing files using Adobe Creative Suite.
- You are familiar with designing anything from email graphics to social media assets.
- You are a team player who loves to work collaboratively but is fine with working independently as well. You are great at taking direction & are willing to ask for support when needed.
- You have an understanding of User Experience principles & some experience designing with UX in mind.
- You have an understanding of modern digital technologies like Content Management Systems, digital design principles & working knowledge of how to translate mock-ups & sketches into final designs.
- You have the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously to meet tight deadlines.
- You are comfortable with working in Adobe Creative Suite such as InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator - Adobe After Effects is a plus!
- Passionate about design.
- A doer. You arent afraid to get your hands dirty. You have no ego when it comes to working on small projects you inherently understand that everything we create impacts our customers.
- A multi-tasker. Able to orchestrate projects of varying levels of complexity, as well as scope, & get great work done, on time.
- A problem solver. You can take on complex creative issues & find ways to roll out solutions from concept to execution across multiple platforms.
- A continuous learner. You know that part of being a brilliant creative is taking & receiving critique. You can back up & stand by your ideas & thought processes.
- Curious. You seek to understand the customer benefit behind every project & chase the answers to your questions.
- An enthusiastic, engaged attitude ready to energize & contribute to a start-up environment.
- Excels in a fast-paced environment.
- A go-getter with a "make things happen" mentality.
- A real passion for food is required!