Warehouse Inventory Lead
The Warehouse Lead Associate coordinates activities of & provides coaching & guidance to workers in the warehouse team. The Warehouse Associate works alongside & with the team, stepping in as needed to ensure maximum productivity. The Lead Associate receives direction from Warehouse Supervisor & / or Manager & carries out instructions based on given guidelines. The Lead is responsible for following & enforcing all safety, GMP & SQF policies/procedures, as well as adherence to PPE/hygiene policies, in cooperation with the supervisor. The Lead is required to be certified in operating all material handling equipment as needed by location.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintaining Accurate Inventory of all known SKUs
- Record daily audits performed on cycle counters to drive cycle count accuracy
- Ensure each inventory associate is trained in all cycle count RF functions
- Report on Performance of All Inventory Associates
- Ensure that the daily workload is equally distributed based priority & ability
- Ensure SQF compliance is maintained daily
- Resolve discrepancies stemming from systematic inventory creation
- Follow up on all outstanding returns from production
- Maintain Break Schedule for all Inventory Associates
- Report on any discrepancies pertaining to current week ingredients or packaging
- Keep the place organized & clean at all times.
- Respectfully communicate with all co-workers. Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee instructions to provide advice on how to properly perform their task (i.e. ensures the proper stocking of all production materials needed for the production line on a daily basis).
- Respectfully support & follow direction from all managers & supervisors & complete tasks with minimum supervision.
- Keep track of product inspection data
- Work to continuously improve in all areas. Ensure all actions better the business of HelloFresh & do not break any company policies.
- Coach all employees to follow HelloFresh policies & procedures
- Train new employees on standard operating procedures (safety, GMP AND SQF policies /procedures, PPE / hygiene policies)
- Performs duties of workers supervised, as needed
- Reports defective equipment or questionable conditions to the Warehouse Supervisor and/or Manager.
- Maintains the work area & equipment in a clean & orderly condition & follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Occasionally required to communicate with other departments such as Quality or Production in order to collaborate & solve problems
- Update data in the computer system; must be able to use a computer & type/data entry using computer programs (Microsoft Office, Google Sheets)
- Leadership & fostering team cooperation for a large group of employees
- Results Driven & detail oriented
- Time Management: maintaining momentum & keeping employees on task to meet goals & deadlines
- Basic mathematics
- Basic computer skills primarily utilizing Microsoft Office & Google Sheets
- Communications: expresses ideas & thoughts clearly & with tact & diplomacy.
This position provides guidance to employees by coordinating work & resolving problems. The Warehouse leads performance is evaluated by their leadership of the warehouse employees, productivity & prioritization of their designated team, quality/quantity of information reported each shift, & ability to guide employee performance on the team.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in a manufacturing & assembly environment & is regularly exposed to cool and/or cold temperatures (10 - 40). The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts & vibration. The noise level in the work environment & job sites can be loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, reach & lift for a minimum of 10 to 12 hours with or without reasonable accommodation. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and/or tools. The employee is required to talk or hear with or without reasonable accommodation.
The employee must regularly lift & move up to 25 pounds, & occasionally lift & move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision & peripheral vision.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days & hours of work are varied according to shift. There are occasions where overtime is required based upon operational needs. The Warehouse Lead is expected to work the hours it takes to finish assignments each day.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education And Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year of related experience is preferred.
- Expected to successfully obtain certification as a power material handling equipment operator
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to read, write & speak English.
- Must be willing & able to work the entire schedule as we cannot accommodate partial shifts or early/late arrivals.
- Must be able to count & have basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division & fractions).
- Must be able to have basic computer skills (data entry, Microsoft Office, Google Sheets)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities & activities may change or be supplemented at any time with or without notice.