Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions & consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Over 1,000 clientsincluding more than 50% of the Fortune 100choose Foursquare.
Foursquares toolkit includes Placed powered by Foursquare, Audiences powered by Factual & Proximity powered by Factual, Analytics Solutions, Places, Pilgrim SDK & Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze & identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquares industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 200,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Twitter & Uber; & optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map & models fresh & up-to-date.
Foursquare has more than 350+ employees based in New York headquarters with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago & Singapore. In 2019 Foursquare acquired Placed from Snap, & then in 2020 merged with Factual. Foursquare is proud to be funded by The Raine Group, Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners & more.
About the Team:
Our global customers are diverse & include the largest Internet & technology companies, leading advertising agencies, massive technology & data platforms & leaders across financial services, retail, automotive & many more industries.
These customer relationships are won, managed & grown by the Sales & Customer Solutions teams, which comprise all customer-facing revenue-generating teams at Foursquare.
Every team has a critical role to play in ensuring that Foursquare remains the first choice for our customers.
About the role:
As Head of TV, you will be responsible for defining & executing Foursquares Advanced TV business, encompassing Connected, Data-Driven Linear & Addressable TV. Location data has increasing importance to analytics, targeting & measurement of advertising on Advanced TV platforms & in this role, you will be responsible for accelerating our efforts in this exciting & high growth area of the market & our business.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Define & execute Foursquares Advanced TV go-to-market strategy across sales strategy, business development & product requirements
- Own delivery of Advanced TV revenue & other related business goals
- Operate as both a senior individual contributor & cross-functional leader to meet & exceed growth objectives for the Advanced TV business
- Collaborate with Sales, Business Development, Product Management & Marketing to achieve business objectives
- Educate & inform internal & external audiences on the rapidly changing Advanced TV ecosystem - be the domain expert for this category inside Foursquare
- 8+ years experience in the TV ecosystem with recent experience in the growth of Advanced TV
- Highly skilled operating in a cross-functional role & at developing a business within a business
- Extensive & relevant industry network that can accelerate activity within the Advanced TV ecosystem
- Comprehensive knowledge of linear/digital advertising (including mobile & social)
- Outstanding communication skills in all forms: written, presentations, negotiations
- Bachelor's Degree required. MBA or MSc Degree nice to have
Nice to have:
- Familiarity & understanding of the location data market
- Knowledge of advanced data sets in the media space (ex: Nielsen, comScore, Krux, Experian, etc.)
- Knowledge of advertiser side data solutions (NCS, NBI, IRI, NPD, JD Power, Rentrak Studio, etc.)
- Knowledge of data integration techniques & processes
- Knowledge of Advanced TV technology & key vendors
- Knowledge of programmatic solutions & technology providers in market for linear (ex: Adobe, Clypd, Simulmedia, AdCuratio)
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.