Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
The Scrum Master facilitates our Engineering teams to reach our product delivery & infrastructure scale goals. As Scrum Master for the Customer Engagement Management teams, you will lead their collaboration & deftly identify dependencies & risks, resolve blockers, make use of metrics to improve delivery, & leverage Agile best practices to optimize velocity, quality, & predictability.
- A true servant-leader, there to help the teams do their best work
- Open to learning from others, humble, willing to experiment & try new ways of working
- Consistently takes Initiative to identify & resolve issues that can improve overall efficiency & effectiveness of programs.
- Trusted acts as a point of contact for cross-program communication
- Organized skilled at blocking & tackling, running things to ground, protecting the teams while making sure theyre responsive to the needs of the business
- A strong Agilist skilled at balancing best practices, experiments, & flexibility to suit the situation; effective at delivering training
- Certified Scrum Master; bonus points for Scaled Agilist certification or experience in a Scaled Agile organization
- 5-7 years of relevant experience & at least 3 years as a Scrum Master
- Experience managing teams across multiple geographies - San Francisco, Denver, Madrid, Bangalore in this case!
- Experience working on brand new teams that arent familiar with SAFE/Agile methodologies
- Live by & champion our Twilio Magic cultural values
- BE AN OWNER & EMPOWER OTHERS: Serve as Scrum Master for multiple teams own & facilitate their Agile ceremonies using best practices & flexibility to suit their way of working, while coaxing them toward greater efficiency
- BE INCLUSIVE: Act as Program Manager for an area of teams, executing on processes, identifying opportunities, implementing changes, & communicating them to ensure strong communication
- DRAW THE OWL: Drive toward continuous improvement through analyzing data & inspect & adapt practices
- BE BOLD: Help be an agent of change as we strengthen our Agile muscles across the organization
- BE INCLUSIVE: Work collaboratively with fellow Scrum Masters to track cross-organizational dependencies & promote the success of the BU
- WRITE IT DOWN: Effectively tracks metrics & articulates findings & recommendations; may utilize financial acumen to manage BU-level budgets
- We're an agile, fast growing company & this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do
Transparency is a unique type of team: we are both a platform team that ingests data from other product teams & a product team ourselves that builds tools to present that data to customers. And we do all of this at a massive scale. Internally, we empower & educate product teams with opinions on what good Developer Experience is. Externally, we push the envelope of how customers find out about issues & changes to their Twilio account. Joining this team will challenge you to think outside the box about technologies like data streaming & event-driven programming.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office in Bangalore, India. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands & more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status & operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.