As a Tanium Software Engineer II focused on Backend, you will build & maintain best-of-breed services that power products as part of a nimble development team. Tanium focuses on a customer engagement model & feedback process to ensure our products are designed the right way from the beginning.
What youll do:
- Build & maintain Tanium's backend services alongside an agile development team
- In partnership with our frontend & endpoint teams you will design, develop & test new product ideas from the ground up while working with product management for feedback & input
Were looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Computer Science or relevant degree preferred
- 2+ years industry experience
- Experience working with senior developers designing & building high-impact, high-performance, scalable, observable, & maintainable backend services & APIs
- Knowledge of at least one of Golang (preferred), Node.js, Python, Ruby, Rust, or Java
- Experience with HTTP API development including REST and/or GraphQL
- Experience developing on data processing pipelines for real time data
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
- Experience with containers & microservices
- Experience with modern software engineering development & automation tools like git & CI/CD pipelines
- Demonstrates sound judgment for balancing between rapid development, long-term code maintainability & supportability
- Believes in the power of & the need for writing automated tests as part of development
- Experience debugging when things go wrong
- Has knowledge of modern backend software frameworks & the versatility to learn new tools
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility & control that transforms how the world's largest & most sophisticated organizations manage & secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed & agility. Theres a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers & financial institutions, & four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing & win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing for 2019 & 10th on FORTUNEs list of the 100 Best Medium Workplaces.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, & diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises & governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives & by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world & its imperative that the diversity of our customers & communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed & grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees & their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.