Harrys started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harrys has expanded to Canada & Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched three new brands including Flamingo, Cat Person, & Headquarters, & made our first brand acquisition with Lum.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, the Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback.
Harrys is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Tuesdays, lunch on Wednesdays & Thursdays, & fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, & drinks everyday. Cant forget the free products & the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
We are still requiring vaccinations for in-office employees. Reasonable accommodations due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief may be made.
About the Team
The Global Sourcing team at Harry's works cross-functionally to manage strategic sourcing, production & product development for innovative & performance-driven products
in the mens & womens grooming market. The team is focused on sourcing the best suppliers & creating optimal supply chains to advance both the Harrys direct-to-consumer business & retail channels weve partnered with across North America & Europe.
About the Role
As a member of the Global Sourcing team, you will have the opportunity to visit suppliers from around the globe & own strategic sourcing, supplier relationships & production strategy. Specifically, as a member of our Hard products team, you will own the end-to-end supply chain for specific verticals while driving strategy as we scale our business.
You will work cross-functionally with teams in New York, UK & China including Marketing, R&D, Quality, Engineering, Packaging Development, Retail, Distribution, Sales & Operations, Planning, Finance & other functions to sustain programs, lead product launches & set optimal supply chains that allow our brands to flourish.
What you will accomplish:
- As a valued member of the Packaging Sourcing team at Harrys, you will be responsible for overseeing new product introductions (NPI), sustaining operations programs, mitigating risk, ensuring supply & driving continuous improvement projects
- Accountable for the success of programs from start to finish, including RFQs, to include the supplier selection strategy for raw material, components, & assembly
- Set the global supplier strategy of your category to support the companys extensive portfolio expansion & roadmap
- Lead cross-functional projects & routinely present metrics, recommendations & operational considerations to the senior team to inform the companys strategy for product launches
- Lead global negotiations with current & future suppliers to support our business objectives; including cost, capacity, contracts, escalation, etc.
This should describe you:
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Supply Chain or related field
- 4-6 years of professional experience in an analytical, data-driven supply chain role, preferably with a background in operations
- Deep exposure to the development & mass production of products at a significant scale; preferably global
- Outstanding communication (written & verbal). Values relationships & cross-functional teamwork.
- Ability to rapidly learn shave technologies & tooling processes; technical expertise not required but your curiosity drives you to know more
- Ability to collaborate effectively to drive cross-functional consensus
- Ability to prioritize in a high paced demanding (but fun) environment
- Strong negotiator who understands multiple techniques & practices
- A self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment & to switch gears as required
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, your suppliers & the world around you
- You are open to travel to meet with suppliers & see manufacturing sites first hand; including domestic & international
- You appreciate a great result & celebrate accordingly, but you also recognize a failure & take pride in learning from it
- You make decisions that put the customer first
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to Senior Manager of Global Sourcing, Packaging
- Working on the Global Sourcing team, including Soft Products, Packaging, ISM, & Indirect Spend
- Cross-functional collaboration with Brand, Strategy, R&D, Quality, Engineering, Packaging Development, Retail, Distribution, Sales & Operations, Planning, Finance
- External partners (component suppliers, packaging suppliers, raw material suppliers & contract manufacturers)
Benefits & perks
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harrys
- Unlimited PTO & flexible working hours
- Wellness & L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL & virtual events including happy hours, team building events, & parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.