Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
We are looking for an experienced, strategy-driven operations leader who has a track record of building high functioning teams, is customer obsessed, has a passion for flawless execution, data driven, hands-on, & is interested in being part of a team building a best in class food fulfillment operations.
The Director of Operations drives the culture & leads the daily activities for a high-volume pick, pack, & ship Fulfillment Center. You will work directly with our Regional Senior Director to be in charge of building out & leading the operational road map for our largest facility. Your time will be spent between managing the daily operational logistics of the fulfillment center, creating a positive workplace culture for over 700 employees, mentoring the leadership team, & driving continuous improvement. This person will have a seat at the table & be given the opportunity to make decisions that will impact the company as a whole.
- Build & establish a strong team with a leadership pipeline; coach & develop talent within each functional area of fulfillment ( Fulfillment, Quality, Warehouse, & Shipping)
- Develop trust, credibility, effective & collaborative relationships with Hellofresh peers & direct reports
- Be the liaison between the site operations & other functions within Headquarters, helping your team to identify the key priorities for the site
- Develop high standards for execution to meet all KPIs & financial metrics while supporting your team in achieving daily, weekly, monthly & annual goals
- Ensure adequate communication of company goals & priorities to full Fulfillment Center team, including leading monthly meetings to engage & inspire a diverse, growing workforce
- Drive continuous improvement when it comes to Safety, Quality, Cost, & Delivery.
- Create a positive team dynamic that encourages all employees in the fulfillment center to:
- Provide timely feedback to direct/indirect reports.
- Drive positive change within the facility
- Adapt to the ever-changing business needs & insure that the team does the same
- Actively listen & accept feedback; convey ideas and/or concerns; communicate & hold operators accountable to the HF brand, KPIs, & culture.
- Bold: youre adventurous, outgoing & optimistic; youre confident making decisions & taking calculated risk
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: you have the vision, passion, & imagination; you are not afraid to ask what if & constantly challenge the status quo
- Versatile: you roll with the punches & dont get overwhelmed easily; you enjoy grinding away at issues & have a knack for delivering results in hyper-growth, constantly changing environments
- Analytical: data is your friend; you're able to translate numbers into action & pave the way for efficiency
- Team-oriented: you have a track record of leading cross-functional teams & cultivating collaborative partnerships at all levels & departments of an organization
- Strategic: you recognize & resolve situations that are ambiguous or challenging & use logic to identify alternatives, evaluate, & present approaches to solving complex problems while thinking in terms of contingency plans
- Customer-focused: slightly obsessive-compulsive when it comes to customer experience & strive to deliver a product that is second to none
- 10+ years of management experience leading a fulfillment operations center; preferably in food service, food production or kitting
- Bachelor's Degree required - Master's preferred
- Ability to think strategically & communicate at the executive level, coupled with top-notch organizational skills & attention to detail
- Familiarity with FSMA, HACCP, SQF
- APICS CPIM or CSCP certification (preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively motivate, develop & manage 700 employees a day - our culture is a critical part of our success, & you are directly responsible for driving it
- Deep knowledge of Lean & Agile Production
- Comprehensive background in Fulfillment, Shipping, Receiving, & Warehousing
- Inventory control management with a background in building/improving warehouse management or inventory tracking systems (WMS implementation a plus)
- Excitement for working in an environment with a high level of ambiguity & change
- Interest in spending most of your time on the shop floor & working directly with all levels of staff
- Demonstrated success at delivering new product initiatives in both a large company & start-up environments
- Strong continuous improvement skills
- A customer service obsession & a willingness to do whatever it takes to satisfy customer needs
- Effective communication & are a leader for employees, direct reports, cross-functional teams & executive leadership
- Proven ability to quickly adapt to business needs
- Willing to work weekends and/or night shifts when needed
- High level of integrity & ethics
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy, as well as paid holidays off
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans
- Amazing discounts, including up to 75% off HelloFresh subscription
- Flexible shift scheduling & advancement opportunities
- Emergency child & adult care services
- Snacks & monthly catered lunches
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company