Who We Are:
Whistle is an entertainment media brand that creates, curates & distributes brand safe video content that is positive, relatable, & uplifting.We inspire our highly-engaged audience by blending proprietary data-driven insights & showcasing unparalleled in-house production capabilities through original programming across multiple passion points.Join Whistle, our LA based studio, New Form, & recently acquired mobile-first lifestyle studio Vertical Networks if you're looking to make an immediate impact at an innovative company that is quickly evolving to match the changing consumption habits of today's generation.
We're growing fast & are looking to add top talent to our team that's ready to grow with us! Check us out atwhistlesports.com
Were growing fast both organically & through M&A. With two acquisitions in 2019 & more on the way, Whistle seeks to add top talent to work with our finance & executive teams. You will advise & influence major P&L decisions. You will support our companys growth & deliver high-impact financial analyses, including the evaluation of potential acquisitions, capital investments & other strategic initiatives. You will work on confidential, high priority projects & report to the companys CFO. This role is based at Whistles New York headquarters, but limited travel to our offices in Los Angeles & London should be expected.
- Understand, forecast & optimize the company's core revenue drivers.
- Develop, enhance & monitor necessary dashboards to track business performance, identify trends & proactively engage with functional leaders to stay ahead of the curve.
- Provide quantitative-based recommendations that support revenue growth targets & improve profitability, operating efficiency & effectiveness.
- Provide modeling support & corporate finance advice to senior company leadership.
- Assist in all financial planning, including creating & tracking annual budgets & monthly forecasts.
- Develop financial models to assess M&A opportunities & conduct/coordinate financial diligence of potential transactions.
- Provide the executive team with support for presentations, including valuations & competitive analysis, etc.
- Assist in the creation of investor, management & board presentations.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in consumer internet or media finance with operational FP&A, investment banking, venture capital, private equity background.
- Bachelors degree required; MBA preferred.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, self-starter, collaborative & solution-minded.
- Able to work comfortably in a dynamic & fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Be able to pivot & reprioritize workload to best support shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated expertise in financial modeling with excellent communications skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint.
- Quick study who can get up to speed on an evolving business model & the role each team plays in its success.
- Team player mentality; we operate like a family, helping each other out, even when it means going above & beyond what's expected.
- Ability to travel to our LA & London offices when needed.