What's next in music happens on SoundCloud first. As the worlds largest open audioplatform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners andcurators who share, discover & influence whats new, now & next in music & audio.We reach hundreds of millions of listeners globally every month, many of whom listen onmobile.
We're looking for an A&R, Business Development Manager with responsibility to develop & maintain relationships with top tier & emerging artists across all genres. Working directly with talent, managers, agents, lawyers, labels & producers to develop SoundClouds label services relationships within the industry & a strong background in A&R & sales.
The ideal candidate will be a clear, confident communicator with deep music industry knowledge & experience in complex deal negotiations, distribution deals, DSP marketing & artist development. Must be a natural deal maker with the ability to close.
You will be working within the label services division, reporting directly to the head of label services.
- Business development between artist & manager relationships, at all levels.
- Identify artists who are strategic brand ambassadors for SoundCloud / Repost
- Using data, trends & relationships to identify emerging artists
- Tracking & reporting artist growth & retention across all platforms. Optimizing our internal processes to enhance growth & revenue.
- Working cross-functionally with our artist relations, sales, marketing, PR, & other teams within SoundCloud to represent the voice of the creator community.
- Working closely with Marketing & Content Strategy teams to identify & develop new opportunities to surface creators in outbound consumer & brand marketing/franchises.
- At minimum five (5+) years music industry experience in artist management, business development, label services, artist relations, DSP marketing & account management. Major label experience is a plus
Vast rolodex of industry contacts that reaches all corners of the industry
- Digitally savvy, with a passion for new technology & an ability to think creatively about artist needs.
- Youre a confident & personable self-starter.
- You can easily carry conversations with industry leaders & artists.
- Superior attention to detail & strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, within tight deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Exceptional written/verbal communication skills & interpersonal/team skills.
- You are able to work under pressure in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, across various time zones
Diversity at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity & open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform & global community where anyone can create, discover, & share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, & strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.