We are reinventing global trade.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone.
To achieve that goal, we need all of Flexport to be aligned & act as one. Thats where you come in.
Flexport is looking for a Director, Internal Communications to help the company achieve its next stage of growth & maturity. Youll work with the Executive Team & other stakeholders to develop an employee communication strategy that brings to life our purpose, vision & strategy in every interaction.
Youll be the brains behind how we inform & engage the people most important to our future success: the 2,000 Flexporters across the world.
Youll also work with senior business leaders across the company to articulate & share their teams impact & advise them on high-impact communications moments happening within their org. Youll do all this together with your Internal Comms team of three, your partners in Communications, & the larger Global Brand team.
Every company says this, but Flexport really is unique. We live at the intersection of technology & global trade - a fun, fascinating, complex place to be. The people attracted to that space are infinitely curious, have excellent BS detectors, & expect the best of themselves & each other. As Head of Internal Comms, youll develop the voice that captures that spirit & inspires pride in what were building together.
- Connect, inform & inspire employees at every level to the companys mission, strategic priorities & values
- Develop & execute on an internal communications strategy that, in partnership with our Executive Team, connects every employee to Flexports purpose, vision & strategy
- Develop innovative ways of engaging our employees through content, internal events & technologies like the intranet and, of course, Slack
- Partner closely with the Comms, Finance/Investor Relations & People teams on company-wide communications, such as company milestones, financial results, product announcements, & company-wide initiatives
- Advise senior leaders at Flexport at high-impact comms moments & help create events & written communications
- Own the big show, our monthly Global All-Hands
- Review our current internal comms mix to assess & where possible, improve its efficacy
- Lead & develop a team of three experienced Internal Communications specialists
You should have:
- A BA or equivalent degree, preferably in communications, journalism or related area
- 10+ years of experience in internal communications or employee engagement, including 3+ years leading a team & 3+ years in a global environment. Public company experience a plus!
- A team mentality. Flexport is a team-oriented company that requires effective collaboration to drive company-wide results. You are someone who not only likes working in a team, but enjoys leading one, too
- Personality in your writing (and youre not afraid to show it)
- Strong planning skills. You know how to manage complex projects, multiple stakeholders & competing priorities to create an actionable plan & get the most impactful work done. You build the feedback loops that will make your plan a success: determining & informing the right stakeholders in Comms, Global Brand & beyond, gaining their buy-in & keeping them informed
- Poise. You know what questions to ask to get to the heart of the matter & arent afraid to ask them
- Lots of energy. We run a lean team so get ready to roll up your sleeves. Sometimes youll be the visionary, sometimes youll provide the first draft
We believe trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.