Peloton is looking for an experienced technical product manager who will lead development of a large portfolio of libraries & services to be used by multiple engineering teams. You will be part of the Shared libraries development team within the core infrastructure group.
Peloton engineering employs a service-oriented architecture (think kubernetes) where individual engineering teams are responsible for developing, launching & maintaining their own services (products). In this environment, overlapping functionalities/tools/libraries often get developed by multiple engineering teams. The goal of this role is to understand these commonly occurring functionalities (e.g logging, messaging, caching etc) & work with your own team to transform them into common libraries & services to be used by all.
- Work with multiple client teams to understand technical requirements . Identify opportunities to abstract common functionalities out of all services.
- Lead the product strategy, roadmap & execution of shared libraries & services
- Employ user feedback & platform metrics to drive system designs & product prioritization
- Clearly & effectively communicate launches, roadmap status, & services performance across the organization
- Build cross-departmental collaborative relationships with partners that includes engaging them in the goal-setting process, defining high-level priorities & flawless execution
- Bachelors or Master's degree in computer science
- 5+ years of technical product management experience
- Passionate about driving large cross-team projects
- Understanding of modern cloud technologies & at least one OO based language such as Python, Java
- Working knowledge of Confluence & the project workflow in Jira
- Strong communication skills
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visitwww.onepeloton.com/careersto learn more about joining our team.