We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, were seeking a highly motivated & collaborative Manager to join our FP&A team.
As a Manager, youll be responsible for leading a team responsible for building & refining the companys budgeting, forecasting, & reporting processes to capture the growing complexity of the business. You will act as a thought partner to cross-functional teams to drive the analysis of high impact projects supporting channel, product, & geographic expansion. The ideal candidate for this role has demonstrated success in a dynamic, fast-paced environment at an established company & can bring that expertise to Away. You will report to the VP, FP&A & be based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups & mandatory bias training, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What youll do:
- Lead the annual budgeting, quarterly re-forecasting, strategic planning, & variance analysis processes
- Continuously seek improvements to support Away as the size & complexity of our business grows
- Collaborate with key partners to identify opportunities & improve business results by developing financial models for a range of potential strategic & operational cases
- Partner closely with functional leads & the People team to support headcount planning, forecasting, & organizational design by ensuring we have the right resources globally to support our rapidly growing business
- Partner with Accounting & functional leads to manage & execute standardized reporting & support continuous enhancement of the monthly reporting processes
- Lead & support the exploration & integration of new planning tools
- Support the Executive team in the production of quarterly & ad hoc presentations for internal & external stakeholders
Who you are:
- 6+ years of experience, with at least 4+ in an FP&A, corporate finance, or strategic finance role
- Consumer product goods, retail, or e-commerce experience is required
- Detail-oriented & takes pride in producing exceptional deliverables
- Demonstrated success driving decision-making through influence through cross-functional collaboration across various levels & functions
- Strong Excel & financial modeling skills are a must!
- Passionate about using data to drive business decisions
- Experience with ERP & planning systems
- Hard-working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take the time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have four weeks of PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer 401(k) match, insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, generous & inclusive parental leave, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, & a kitchen stocked with snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups & inclusion training, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money o grab coffee with your new coworkers. We have weekly team lunches & regular happy hours. We also organize monthly opportunities to give back to our local communities.
Launched in 2016 by co-founders Steph Korey & Jen Rubio, Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel. By selling directly to customers both online & through retail stores, Away is able to eliminate retailer mark up & offer high quality, thoughtfully designed luggage & travel essentials without driving up the price. In just under four years, Away has already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, & one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies. Away is headquartered in New York City, with offices in London & Sydney. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture & a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.