Content Marketing Copywriter/Editor
Location: New York City
At the moment, we are all working remotely. However, we have offices in London & New York, & this position will ideally be based out of our NY office; however, we are open to remote work for the right candidate (subject to your existing legal right to work in either jurisdiction).
OpenFin is a fast-growing financial technology company backed by the worlds largest banks & most respected Fintech VCs, including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, HSBC, Wells Fargo, SC Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, DRW, Nyca Partners, & Pivot Investment Partners. OpenFin modernizes & democratizes app development & distribution in the finance space. We provide a secure OS that brings a fast & intuitive app experience to the financial desktop. Built on Googles Chromium & GitHubs Electron open source projects, OpenFin combines native experience, data sharing, lightning-fast distribution, & robust security with an agile web development & deployment model to accelerate digital transformation & innovation. OpenFin is used by thousands of developers to deploy & run more than 1200 apps at more than 1500 financial institutions.
About the Role
The Product Designer is responsible for supporting the execution of the visual & design system strategy for product design needs. Youll work collaboratively with designers, engineers, PMs, researchers, & leadership to understand opportunities & define problems, devise & test solutions, & implement elegant & functional products for our users.
Who You Are
- Visual: A sharp eye for elevating the minimal aesthetic of our product that empowers users for streamlined, efficient work. You have a deep understanding of colors & layouts, especially in the context of financial information visualization & designing for white-labelled products.
- Worked With Enterprise Design Systems: Familiar with atomic design principles & developing a library of versatile elements for enterprise products
- User-centered: Always optimizing user experiences, emerging & current
- Designs with numbers in mind: From a high attunement for grid units to representation of information in stock tickers, currency movement, & other financial instruments
- Collaborative: Thoughtfully iterates designs through collaboration & feedback
- Work through all phases of the design process to develop user flows, wireframes, UI & prototypes for product updates, redesigns, white-labels & new product releases
- Help scale the design system & take initiative to elevate the style, organization & versatility of components
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, engineering, brand & leadership to synthesize priorities & feedback for designs, weigh development options & bring designs to life
- Design for user needs & challenges, streamlining user journeys
You'll Like It Here If
- You have experience working on enterprise workspace products
- You know how to cut through the clutter & design for simplicity that empowers the user
- Personable, communicative, & always looking for the best way to meet user needs
- Prioritizes & manages workload well
- Responsible & takes initiative on what needs to be done
- Two to three years professional experience as a Product Designer
- Bachelors in Design or a related field
- Strong portfolio showcasing UI/UX work on complex enterprise desktop applications
- Fluency in Figma & other UI prototyping tools
- Strong understanding of information visualization
- Bonus: Experience designing for PC desktop applications
- Bonus: Experience working in the Fintech space
Life at OpenFin
At OpenFin, our mission is to stay on the cutting edge of web technologies & to enable our customers to do the same. While we are currently remote, we pride ourselves on our friendly, diverse, understanding office culture. Our goal is to create a space where employees can learn & innovate, & overall, have a good time doing it. Our employees have a diverse set of interests & experiences, & we encourage you to explore those interests & share with us! We have regular happy hours & social events. Our offices & our employees are conducive to a productive learning experience -- all the while creating innovative & compelling solutions for our clients.