WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration & workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, & we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal. By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market & define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers 100,000+ businesses, including many top Fortune 500 companies who trust our secure collaboration platform to manage the entire content lifecycle.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
We believe in the importance of setting our sales teams up for success & we will train you in our robust sales training series. As a Sales Development Representative, you'll partner & collaborate closely with our Marketing Teams & Account Executive teams to ensure opportunities are moved appropriately throughout our teams in order to continue winning great clients. Our SDRs are the front line of the company & we'll provide you with the tools, training, & excellent mentorship/leadership needed as you work with companies in determining pain points & how Box can best help to solve their problems.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Act as the first point of contact for new customers covering our sales line & sales chat
- Respond to inbound & warm leads through calls, emails, & marketing campaigns in order to generate opportunities
- Build & develop relationships with clients to sell them on further Box conversations
- Utilize your active listening skills to understand & uncover customer needs & business problems to effectively communicate how Box can solve them
- Consistently achieve quota to ensure territory revenue & growth objectives
- Use & maintain the http://salesforce.com/ system according to Box's standards & be able to provide metrics on leads
- Occasionally close deals yourself with smaller organizations
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor's Degree required
- No prior experience is required, but you must have the ambition & desire to grow & advance in a sales career
- Highly motivated, driven & self-starting individual with a positive attitude excellent phone presence, interpersonal skills, & time management
- Ability to work in an exciting, dynamic team environment
Head-over-heels about this role; but not sure you meet all the requirements? Apply anyway! Studies have shown that women & people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Box, we take a big-picture approach to hiring that fosters authenticity, diversity, & inclusion. If you're passionate about this opportunity, chances are, you shine pretty bright.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, & any other protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation. Box strives to respect the dignity & independence of people with disabilities & is committed to giving them the same opportunity to succeed as all other employees. Inclusiveness is core to our culture at Box, & we strive to ensure you get the most from your interview experience. Box makes reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please complete this form Reasonable accommodations may include scheduling adjustments, document dictation & beyond.
Notice to applicants in Los Angeles: Box, Inc & its related branches will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chair Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Box, Inc & its related branches will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chair Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice. If you are a California-resident, please read our California Applicant & Candidate Privacy Notice here.
Box is committed to fair & equitable compensation practices. Actual base salary (or OTE if commissionable role) is dependent upon factors such as: knowledge, skill level, experience, & work location. This role is also eligible for equity & benefits. For more information on benefits, check out our healthcare benefits & additional Box Benefits + Perks.