Director, GTM Finance
Remote - US
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
Twilio is rapidly expanding our global business, & is seeking a Director, GTM Finance to join our Finance team. We need a true business partner in this role - someone who will create an analytical framework to better evaluate the business, develop proactive solutions to help GTM leadership optimize revenue outcomes, & drive continued efficiencies to allow for reinvestment into more productive areas. This will be a highly visible role, helping to optimize commercial decision-making, budgeting, & reporting on core financial metrics. You will partner with GTM leadership to support their operations, own the global GTM budget, & liaise with corporate & regional finance leadership to create a consolidated picture of the corporate P&L. The role will involve business partnering, ad-hoc analysis & special projects requiring detailed modeling to drive decision-making of senior leadership.
This is a highly visible role, & the successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record in building & developing best practices in a high-growth environment. We seek someone who has:
- 10+ years of experience in a progressive financial role
- Sales Finance experience at a high-growth SaaS company
- Experience functioning across a matrixed organization, building & working with regional P&Ls, & implementing new process & planning frameworks
- Strong communication & analytical skills; experience presenting to C-level or equivalent leadership
- Deep understanding of P&L components, unit economics, commercial functions, & common SaaS metrics
- Is self-motivated with strong organizational skills
- Serves as a business partner to executives
As the Director, GTM Finance, you will:
- WRITE IT DOWN & EMPOWER OTHERS: Create & operationalize the global GTM P&L with clear rules of engagement that empower GTM leadership & drive accountability through the organization.
- DRAW THE OWL: Be a representative / voice of Finance to the GTM business unit & continuously develop efficient reporting tools to support decision-making. Provide analytical support to GTM leadership & drive ad-hoc cross-functional projects.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Advise senior leadership on overall workforce strategy within GTM. Identify potential optimizations where particular roles & functions can be restructured or eliminated to optimize expense or improve management ratio efficiency.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Interface with the R&D Finance & Corporate Finance teams to provide clear & transparent oversight on OpEx planning while advocating for GTM budget needs.
Twilio is a complex, high-growth, & quickly evolving business. The Finance team is central to Twilios decision-making process & the GTM Finance team guides company investment decisions to maintain Twilio as the platform to fuel the future of communications. As the Director, GTM Finance, your ability to identify & communicate trends, opportunities & problems--and more importantly, recommend a course of action--will play a critical role in charting Twilios future.
Twilio is committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world & we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.