Magic Leap is seeking an Electrical Engineer to join the hardware development team working on next generation product development. In this role you will be developing new technologies in imaging, sensing, electro/optical systems & displays. The engineer will be responsible for all aspects of product development from concept to productization including architecture & design, hardware validation, troubleshooting & issue resolution. Join our team developing next-generation technology for mixed-reality devices in an Agile Hardware Environment.
- Research & development of new technologies from concept to productization
- Rapid prototyping including firmware bring up
- Definition of system & component specifications
- Simulation & modeling of designs
- System architecture, design, & implementation
- Troubleshooting board issues & implementing tests at the system level
- Power management & implementing low power systems
- Provide technical guidance to other team members
- Collaborate with other teams to resolve cross functional issues.
- Development test plans to ensure compliance with applicable industry standards
- 0-5 years of work experience in a related field
- Familiarity with image sensors / cameras
- Knowledge of high speed interfaces is a plus (USB, PCIe, DisplayPort, etc)
- Experience with MIPI is highly desirable
- Optical experience is a plus
- Experience working on mixed signal PCBs with high speed controlled impedance signals, power traces, analog signals, etc.
- CAD experience (Cadence or other schematics/layout tools)
- Simulation experience using PSPICE or similar.
- Good troubleshooting & debugging skills
- Solid understanding of Digital & Analog Design.
- Must work well with interdisciplinary groups
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related fields preferred (Computer Engineering or other).
- MS preferred.