As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
The Vox Media Podcast Network is one of the largest & fastest-growing collections of high-quality podcasts. With more than 175 active shows from Vox Medias editorial networks & beyond, there is a show to feed every passion from daily news & policy, to tech & business, to culture & sports.
Were looking for an enterprising Senior Producer who loves The Cut & is passionate about reviving its podcast with a new team. You'll lead production of a weekly audio magazine highlighting culture, style, sex, politics & more, working closely with the host & The Cut staffers to develop & execute recurring segments, interviews & stories. If you're right for this role, you're a hands-on, deadline-driven producer who can confidently drive weekly show production while working to push creative boundaries & continue evolving the show's sound over the long term.
What you'll do:
- Oversee the show's monthly editorial calendar & facilitate weekly editorial meetings
- Coordinate with host, The Cut staff, & EPs to develop each week's show rundown & facilitate production of individual segments
- Book, prep, & conduct interviews; cut tape; & develop script outlines as needed
- Working closely with show Engineer, direct scoring & mixing process
- Manage freelancer pitches & contributions
- Host coaching & development as needed
- Act as show's point of contact for Revenue, Marketing & Experiential teams
- Facilitate ongoing evaluation of shows format, structure, & sound with host(s) & edit leads
What you'll bring:
- Experience vetting story/episode pitches, & shaping them in service of a show's stylistic & editorial parameters
- Experience as the editorial/creative lead for a successful podcast or broadcast program
- Ability to coach host/reporter talent in developing a sound/voice aligned with a show's editorial mission
- Enthusiasm for working with editorial teams of varied skillsets & diverse experience in audio
- A portfolio that demonstrates an ear for great tape & inventive approaches to audio storytelling
- Confidence overseeing a daily or weekly editorial product
- A track record of developing stories that draw on diverse perspectives/source lists
- Strong collaborative skills, as well as the ability to delegate & prioritize effectively
- Proficiency in audio mixing
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.