Were looking for a Product Marketer to focus on Pricing & Packaging within Group Nine Media. As a member of the Product Marketing team, youll manage all pricing & packaging for Group Nines ad products & rate cards, ensuring our offerings are competitive & driving sales. Youll work closely with our Finance, Yield Management & Business Operations teams.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Lead the pricing & packaging for Group Nine Ad products & product marketing initiatives
- Manage all Group Nine Rate Cards, including Client, Agency & standard, setting price across all ad products
- Manage Margin Calculator Template
- Proactively optimize rates & packages as needed to drive up sales
- Maintain relationship with Finance, Yield Management & Sales Operations teams to help identify trends & recommend rate card & inventory optimizations
- Be the central point of contact for the Account Strategists during the pre-sale process to ensure all deal-related questions involving pricing, packaging, & margin are answered in a timely manner
- Analyze whats working & whats not for Group Nines ad products, rate cards, & margin calculator & work across stakeholders to provide solutions
- Own & update the Plan Builder template for use by Account Strategy team
- Approve discounts on rates, margin, & discounts under a certain threshold
- Develop vertically-aligned & seasonally-focused media packages
- Provide support to the Global Sales team as it relates to product marketing, pricing & packaging
SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE:
- A desire to drive innovation & develop industry-leading offerings
- Ability to work across financial, operational, legal & business teams
- Quickly establish yourself as the go-to internal expert as it pertains to pricing, packaging, rate cards, & margin calculator questions & competitive offerings
- Ability to bring clarity of data product offering to Account Strategy & Brand Partnership teams through effective training
- 5+ years of experience in a publisher or agency role specializing in pricing & packaging
- Deep understanding of industry-leading pricing & packaging strategies based on market intel & what Clients are looking for
- Hands on experience building media plans, rate cards & setting price across a large portfolio of ad products
- Excel Whiz
- Experience successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously under tight timelines & quickly shifting priorities
- Excellent problem solving & analytical skills
- Proven experience organizing & directing across multiple teams & departments
- Intellectual curiosity & a strong need to learn & improve
- Impeccable follow-through, detail oriented, highly resourceful
- Direct communicator, & able to cater communications to different audiences
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity
- Proficiency in Keynote & G Suite Applications
- Exceptional emotional intelligence, empathy, & sound judgment to your work & collaboration with others, making you a trusted colleague & go-to partner.
- Excellent verbal & written communication, interpersonal, organizational, & multi-tasking skills
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.