Here's the thing-we hate traditional job descriptions. In our experience, they're a terrible representation of what a job really entails & never paint a true picture of what it's like to work at an organization.
That's why, at Fundera, we do things differently. Instead of presenting you with some run-of-the-mill job description, we offer potential candidates our Job Spotlights. This gives us a chance to tell you the story of us, why you should work here, & what the role is really like.
Who's Fundera & Why Should I Care?
Fundera is the go-to financial resource for small businesses. We're here to help entrepreneurs achieve their financial goals & grow businesses as big as their aspirations.
As a catalyst for smart financial decisions, our combination of proprietary technology & financial expertise provides business owners with tailored solutions based on their unique needs & eligibility-helping them prosper, create more jobs, and, ultimately, grow the economy.
Armed with one of the most experienced & passionate leadership teams in the business & backed by the industry's leading investors
, we've made a big impact on Main Street in just a short amount of time (Fundera launched in 2014 & has helped 35,000+ small businesses find their best financial solutions & secure over $1 billion in funding).
We're experiencing massive growth year over year, & our impact on America's job creators grows with us. We're looking to further our impact & need incredible, ambitious, mission-oriented people to get there.
If you want to make a difference, if you want to create a workplace & life you love, & if you want to learn more & grow faster than you will at any other point in your career, you should keep reading.
What Is It Like to Work Here?
The easiest way to answer this is to check out our great rating on Glassdoor
, take a deep dive into a few of our employee profiles, or look into some of our recent awards, like Crain's Best Places to Work. Also, don't forget to peep our Instagram
For more detail, though, here are a few of our favorite things:
1. We want people who elevate the game - & offer meaningful equity in our fast-growing company to compensate for top performers.
2. We offer generous medical, dental, & vision insurance-you shouldn't have to stress about your health. (And less stress makes you healthier, right?!)
3. Yes, your Fundera family is very important, but yours at home matters most. That's why we offer incredibly generous maternity & paternity leave, have a family-friendly office, & love nothing more than seeing our Fundera kiddos at company events & socials.
4. Everybody needs a little R&R-but we want our team to have more than just a little. You'll get flexible PTO & we mean legitimately flexible PTO.
5. We sponsor regular catered lunches with really cool speakers (like the founders of Birchbox, CityRow, & Percolate). We also regularly host company happy hours, & other events such as employee-led trivia & visits to customers. It's important to bring our team together as much as possible.
6. Transparency is what our product is built on-and so is our culture. Whether that means regular all-hands meetings, board decks circulated every month, or a highly accessible leadership team, we're all stakeholders in this company & never forget that.
Ultimately, at Fundera, you get to come to work with a group of supportive, talented, ambitious individuals who will teach you something new every day, whilst building a product that will truly & actually change the lives of America's small businesses & job creators. We think it's pretty cool, & think you will, too.
Is This Role Right for Me?
The mission of the Director of Engineering, Growth & Data is to partner with the Director of Product on strategy for how Fundera continues to grow traffic. This role will ensure that the engineering team is driving growth in the business by constantly shipping the most important products, exceeding the expectations of internal and external stakeholders, & maintaining a high-quality codebase. In this role, you will be part of shaping the engineering culture & team that attracts & nurtures A-Players, works effectively with product, design, & other business units, & can independently make smart decisions informed by business context & objectives.