Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is seeking a talented & technical Platform Product Manager to join our Platform Engineering organization. Our organization provides all Twilio engineers with compelling, continuously improving, cloud-scale development platformsfreeing our engineers to focus solely on their products & their customers. We are focused on globally expanding our Containers & Kubernetes capabilities. This position reports to the Product Management Director for Platform Engineering. If you are deeply passionate about enabling Twilio engineers, & love solving complex infrastructure problems with software, you are probably a great fit for our team.
Twilio is looking for an exceptional individual who lives Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record in conceiving & delivering technical products. They also have:
- 3-5 years experience as a Product Manager in a fast-paced company focused on delivering software.
- Led new software features and/or new software products from ideation through GA/launch in an Agile environment.
- Passionate about delivering software platforms that enable engineers.
- Possess strong technical acumenyou can code & can communicate effectively with engineers & architects.
- Deep experience with global Cloud Services/Platforms (preferably AWS).
- Deep experience with Containers & Container Orchestration (AWS-related offerings, Docker, Kubernetes).
- Collaborative mindset & ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams.
- Solid communication skills & the ability to clearly articulate your point of view.
- Strong communicator fluent in written & verbal English.
- You are curious, empathetic, & have a good sense of humor.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science required, or equivalent experience.
As a Product Manager on the Platform Engineering team, you will be expected to live the Twilio Magic and:
BE AN OWNER
- Own & execute the roadmap for your productscommunicate both the business value & the technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Participate in Agile/Scrum teamsassist team in planning & execution of sprints, epic & story backlog refinement, & related operating mechanisms.
WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES
- Seek out & gather our engineers needstranslate & synthesize them into actionable products/product requirements.
- Maintain laser focus on MVPs, iterative product development, & releasing immediate/tangible value to engineerslearn & adjust frequently.
- Manage project plans for on-time development & releaseensure that engineering is working on the right things at the right time.
DRAW THE OWL
- Accelerate learning on new products by running workshops, developer previews or betas to gather developer feedback & build a strong perspective on product priorities.
- Identify necessary reports, metrics, & analysis to measure the effectiveness & validate the success of completed projects.
WRITE IT DOWN
- Demonstrate excellent verbal & written communication - ensure that complex ideas, thoughts, & vision can be communicated simply & effectively. You are expected to thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
- Create detailed product specifications to illustrate product functionality including business rules, flows & use cases.
The Twilio Technology Platform organization empowers every Twilio developer to be their best at Twilio. Our team of talented Product Managers owns the vision & roadmap that delivers value to our Twilio engineers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located with the core Platform team in our office [in Bogota]. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands & more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.