Appian is looking for an Application Support Analyst to provide ongoing maintenance of business applications developed on the Appian platform. In this role, you will gain knowledge of the Appian software & how it is used to automate business processes from CRM to HR & everything in between. You will represent the business applications team & work closely with leaders from all departments to ensure their needs are met. If youre good at problem solving & have an appetite for learning fast & supporting developers, we want to hear from you.
About the role
- Evaluate issues & support requests reported by end users & providing permanent & workaround solutions
- Responsible for applying operation break fixes & other proactive maintenance activities to keep applications up & running.
- Take charge of production problems & coordinate between participating teams & participate in root cause analysis for service failures
- Handle escalations & provide inputs into backlog grooming with developers & stakeholders
- Perform proactive maintenance activities in production
- Maintain documentation as part of issue resolution & look for way to achieve operational efficiency
- Routinely refresh sandbox environments & perform post refresh procedures
- Help execute test plans as part of the standard application life cycle & report defects to developers
- Assist with performing data analysis & corrections using SQL & spreadsheets
- Work closely with developers during handoff as part of production deployments
- Help gather requirements & manage scope of day-to-day production requests
- Provide feedback to Appians Engineering team & participate in usability testing for new product features
- You have 1 year of job experience in enterprise application support or related fields.
- Youre educated, with at least a BS in a related technical field
- You have a solid foundation of, or love for, technology.
- You enjoy working with stakeholders to define business processes & gather functional system requirements. You are creative; you ask why questions & solve the right problems without being given specific directions.
- You can effectively communicate both technical & non-technical topics with people of various personalities & are not afraid to voice your opinion.
- You feel empowered & able to cope with change & handle uncertainty by shifting gears comfortably & acting without having the total picture.
- Understanding of Agile software practices
- Preferred experience with relational databases (MySQL or similar) including advanced join queries & database optimization techniques
- Prior experience with enterprise systems including CRM, HRIS, ERP & their corresponding business domain knowledge
- Preferred experience consuming REST APIs
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.