Appian Customer success is obsessed with great customer outcomes. We deliver mission-critical business impact fast, & are directly responsible for partnering with our customers to bring their best ideas to life.
Appian is seeking a Head of Strategy & Operations to join our Customer Success leadership team. This role will have operational responsibility for the full breadth of our Customer Success business; including revenue & cost forecasting, people operations, systems & analytics. This high impact, high visibility role reports to Appians Chief Customer Officer.
This role is based at Appian's Headquarters in McLean, VA. Employees hired for this position will have the opportunity to work in a flexible, hybrid environment.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Ensure Appians Customer Success team has the tools, processes & communication channels necessary to optimize operations
- Own all aspects of Customer Success Finance & Operations including managing P/L through thorough & accurate analysis of bookings, revenue & utilization
- Manage, coach & mentor a global team of Customer Success Operations professionals
- Operate as a servant leader, actively seeking insights at all levels of the organization (Finance, Sales, Customer Success VPs, & Consultants) to identify opportunities for operational improvement
- Accelerate & improve organization-wide change in close collaboration with the Chief Customer Officer
- Serve as an operational expert & advisor to the Chief Customer Officer, C-suite and, as appropriate, Appians Board of Directors
- Collaborate with HR & Recruiting groups to understand external talent markets, related labor costs, & internal compensation models
- Own the process of onboarding & managing external Appian business partners conducting Customer Success activities on Appians behalf
- 10+ years professional experience in business modeling, financial planning & analysis (FP&A) at a global scale
- 5+ years experience in an operational leadership role within a management consulting, technical delivery, or customer success organizations
- Experience as a people manager, building & managing teams of successful operational professionals
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with & influence C-level executives through verbal presentations & accurate, compelling data analysis
- Proven ability to manage successful P&L for scaled consulting or customer success organizations
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Unwavering commitment to disciplined, consistent operational tools, process & execution
- Experience with public companies, Federal contracting, and/or SaaS/PaaS/IaaS product companies are preferred
- Expected technical proficiencies include but are not limited to Agile/Scrum project management practices, mastery of business intelligence tools like Tableau, & expert Excel / Google Sheets abilities
Some of the tools & resources we will equip you with include:
- Well immerse you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community is strong & growing! Our affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from all across the globe.
- Continuous learning opportunities are a key focus for our department. Whether it is companywide weekly knowledge shares, biweekly continuing education sessions led by fellow CS members, guild participation, or free online trainings, there is always somewhere to turn for technical & professional growth.
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation & value. Today, we help businesses build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented & passionate people, given the power & autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile & collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, & all voices are heard. We value & encourage cross-departmental collaboration, & actively seek opportunities to better ourselves & others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, were focused on lasting positive change.